The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

39 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

BBC forecast not changed much if at all. Giving good weather through til Sunday night and then a bit shit through til Wednesday. 

I wouldn’t trust the BBC to report that it was daylight or not these days 

Just now, SeaBear said:

Just an addition to my last comment. BBC radio 6 is now on a roll playing 'sunny' songs, 'sunshine and lollipops', the kermit rainbow song and 'bring me sunshine'... I'm actually losing track. It's been like this for half an hour now. Haha.

I'm listening to it too and it's giving me happy vibes!

42 minutes ago, Plume said:

Morning,  I just had to sign up to say cheers for all the updates. I've been reading the thread for the last few days or so and it's been an emotional rollercoaster! Looking my forward to my first Glastonbury and then taking my meteorology exams ??

Welcome!!!  Love the username!  I hope it is remembered in the years to come.

5 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Meanwhile over at netweather:

activity is unusually far west with multiple rounds of severe thunderstorms running up through the West Country and Ireland - The later having accumulated precip of near 150mm by next Friday

Let’s hope the Irish take one for the team!

Yes but that paragraph ends - 

Despite several thousand kilo joules of CAPE over E+W theres actually not that much TS activity or precip east of Dorset as little in the way of triggers.

37 minutes ago, SeaBear said:

Just an addition to my last comment. BBC radio 6 is now on a roll playing 'sunny' songs, 'sunshine and lollipops', the kermit rainbow song and 'bring me sunshine'... I'm actually losing track. It's been like this for half an hour now. Haha.

Thanks for the heads up! Now catching up whilst reading this thread ?

2 minutes ago, mjfromthelane said:

Massively wide area too.

What this means is the *risk* of a thunderstorm hitting is over a very large area (i.e. anywhere except Cornwall, Scotland and NI...), it doesn't mean that all of those areas will definitely get one.  Thunderstorms are usually pretty localised, so the *impact* (i.e. getting the rain and hail and wind) won't cover all those areas.

1 minute ago, Skelts said:

Weird - I'm in Bristol on the harbourside and not a drop!  Goes to show how localised the rain can be!

I am on Colston Street, so not exactly miles away!

Happily the day has returned to slightly overcast but not raining.

Yay.