The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

6 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Approaching the final heartline corkscre, then a tight high-g 270° down through a couple of bunny hops before the brakes into the station.

I'm up to date now, and would say at this moment in time we're clickety clacking upwards, squealing & waving legs excitedly in anticipation of next week... ? 

19 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

BBC have changed their mind since yesterday..... forecast now looks great, just as long as the thunder on Tuesday next week doesn’t amount to too much. For those of you also following the State of Ground thread, I’d summarise this as Big Dog saves the day.

The going is officially good to firm ? 

Ensembles for somerset from the 00z 

Air pressure is high in the build up and opening day of the festival looking at the mean of all GFS runs meaning dry 

Precipitation is showing minimal rain during the festival period.

The operational run is abit out on its own in the 00z charts above hence looking at the mean is somewhat more indicative of what may occur

Somer.jpg

SomerP.jpg

4 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Ensembles for somerset from the 00z 

Air pressure is high in the build up and opening day of the festival looking at the mean of all GFS runs meaning dry 

Precipitation is showing minimal rain during the festival period.

The operational run is abit out on its own in the 00z charts above hence looking at the mean is somewhat more indicative of what may occur

Somer.jpg

SomerP.jpg

Sorry to ask but what do terms like 00z mean?

37 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

BBC have changed their mind since yesterday..... forecast now looks great, just as long as the thunder on Tuesday next week doesn’t amount to too much. For those of you also following the State of Ground thread, I’d summarise this as Big Dog saves the day.

Yep. They’ve hedged their bets with 30-40% chance across the whole Tuesday as well. To me it just reads as that there is adverse weather in the greater region (supported by the charts), that it’s probably not going to hit Pilton, but they can’t say for sure. Hopefully those percentages drop in the next day or two and we can all start the week with confidence

Metcheck listing 4.2mm but only 3% chance for the same day for comparison.

Would agree Big Dog has done well, but lets not understate the improvement in forecasts since the Avocado got involved. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

temperatures look hot at the start of the festival

UKMO model is in range soon which is somewhat more reliable than GFS 

SomerT.jpg

Yup - the one positive for me over the last few days on the coaster has been UKMO has been very consistent with low rainfall totals in Somerset over the next week.