The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Here's the GFS 12Z.

High pressure: Pressure building to a high on Wednesday. The low pressure is now further out east and does NOT encroach on the UK as much.

Precipitation: Little bit showing for this Thursday, then essentially dry through to this Sunday at 3pm when there is a small amount around but far less than on previous runs. Some rain on Monday but still the potential for a heavy overnight downpour into Tuesday. Tuesday day now esentially dry - brilliant for drying and the ground should recover really well. Now NO proper rain around on the Wednesday, with London getting the heavy stuff. Same on Thursday, with the proper rain out to the east.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday now TOTALLY dry.

image.thumb.png.aa4fe67e547bce890f666255f6e2d4c3.png

Temperatures: This Saturday 18-19 and Sunday 19-20 - ground will be solid again. Monday 24-25, Tuesday 21-22, Wednesday 23, Thursday 22-23, Friday 20-21, Saturday 20-21, Sunday 21-22

So this updates has LESS rain.

NO Wednesday deluge.

And a DRY festival.

Can I say this is brilliant update?

I know this is all bullshit and that it’ll change completely by tomorrow and it’s still too early to get a real verdict, but still... this really did put a smile on my face.

Stick! Stick! Stick!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Here's the GFS 12Z.

High pressure: Pressure building to a high on Wednesday. The low pressure is now further out east and does NOT encroach on the UK as much.

Precipitation: Little bit showing for this Thursday, then essentially dry through to this Sunday at 3pm when there is a small amount around but far less than on previous runs. Some rain on Monday but still the potential for a heavy overnight downpour into Tuesday. Tuesday day now esentially dry - brilliant for drying and the ground should recover really well. Now NO proper rain around on the Wednesday, with London getting the heavy stuff. Same on Thursday, with the proper rain out to the east.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday now TOTALLY dry.

image.thumb.png.aa4fe67e547bce890f666255f6e2d4c3.png

Temperatures: This Saturday 18-19 and Sunday 19-20 - ground will be solid again. Monday 24-25, Tuesday 21-22, Wednesday 23, Thursday 22-23, Friday 20-21, Saturday 20-21, Sunday 21-22

So this updates has LESS rain.

NO Wednesday deluge.

And a DRY festival.

Can I say this is brilliant update?

8BEDC6C7-0709-4850-B896-CAF33CB8DD70.gif

• Upvote 1

From Netweather: " It looks like temperatures will rocket next week, could be using the words sizzle, scorcher..flaming June looking at the Ecm 12z so far!!"

" ECM primed to bring some serious heat, especially to the SE Corner... Plumetastic.  "

EC 144 gets the boooooooommmm..? Very warm for much of the country!!"

"This doesn't look like a typical 1 day plume going by the GEFS 12z mean..it could last all next week!! "

4 minutes ago, briddj said:

From Netweather: " It looks like temperatures will rocket next week, could be using the words sizzle, scorcher..flaming June looking at the Ecm 12z so far!!"

" ECM primed to bring some serious heat, especially to the SE Corner... Plumetastic.  "

EC 144 gets the boooooooommmm..? Very warm for much of the country!!"

"This doesn't look like a typical 1 day plume going by the GEFS 12z mean..it could last all next week!! "

Problem is.....could all trigger massive thunderstorms...so do we need em?

1 minute ago, tumbles said:

Yep, it would have been the worst on record I reckon.  However last year on the flip side! 

I thought I was going to die lugging my kit from Gate A to Tom's Field on the Monday last year. It was 32C by 1pm and I had to go and hide in The Wood for an hour to cool down...

Ok so I set up this thread on ticket day as I know that apart from getting tickets ( and receiving them) the most important thing is what is the weather going to be. And as a veteran of 19 Glastonbury’s so far ( next week is my 20th) I can be reassured by both the state of the ground thread and this one that it will be ok. I am quietly confident that it will not be a mud bath ( 97,98,05,07,11,16) and some  rain will not be the end of the world with the temperatures rising. Many a muddy Thursday or Friday has led to a dry ground Saturday and Sunday. Mud is manageable although not pleasant, persistent rain ( 98,07,11) is miserable BUT if prepared doable. We are going to fine ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, sedra said:

Ok so I set up this thread on ticket day as I know that apart from getting tickets ( and receiving them) the most important thing is what is the weather going to be. And as a veteran of 19 Glastonbury’s so far ( next week is my 20th) I can be reassured by both the state of the ground thread and this one that it will be ok. I am quietly confident that it will not be a mud bath ( 97,98,05,07,11,16) and some  rain will not be the end of the world with the temperatures rising. Many a muddy Thursday or Friday has led to a dry ground Saturday and Sunday. Mud is manageable although not pleasant, persistent rain ( 98,07,11) is miserable BUT if prepared doable. We are going to fine ?

That's it, we're done here. Close the thread!

Edited by yehbutnobut
  • Like 1