The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

6 minutes ago, elias said:

I'm pretty sure that was Archaos. They did all sorts of crazy shit cutting up cars and using chainsaws. 

madness, im looking through the glastonbury gallery and the longdrops...never used to have doors?

10 minutes ago, psychology said:

Good summary of the uncertainty.

Relevant bits:

2 scenarios possible. "(1)Threat of big intense thunder storms or (2) it'll be cloudy and showery. We're pretty sure its going to be one of those two so we're saying - its not going to be high pressure, fine weather". 

"If you're packing for Glastonbury.......I think what we can say is that you will need wellies because the ground is going to be soggy".

Can't divulge my sources but just been sent this from INSIDE Worthy Farm itself. Bit concerning considering the picture is taken on slightly higher ground, but with a bit of sun I'm sure the whole place will dry out.

If not at least the Goan Fish Curry stand will be well stocked.

Flood .jpg

30 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

It's just come up on my phone that this time 2 years ago my boyfriend was having to put a fan down his pants to stay cool. So I don't think we're in for 2017 weather (if anyone wasn't sure already). 

Except that the warm weather is being predicted to START next week, not this.

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Relevant bits:

2 scenarios possible. "(1)Threat of big intense thunder storms or (2) it'll be cloudy and showery. We're pretty sure its going to be one of those two so we're saying - its not going to be high pressure, fine weather". 

"If you're packing for Glastonbury.......I think what we can say is that you will need wellies because the ground is going to be soggy".

So either way, it's going to be a mud bath. Fucking great.

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Relevant bits:

No wellies. Never wellies. As soon as it stops raining the ground will dry out and your feet will be BAKING in "feels like 29"!

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

All to play for still. I'll be packing for both scenarios.

Both likely scenarios involve mud and wet weather which should make the task of packing for both pretty simple. 

At this stage I'm praying for 2011 with a massive turn of high pressure and sunshine at the weekend. That's all I've got at this stage. 

1 minute ago, T-Mouse said:

Both likely scenarios involve mud and wet weather which should make the task of packing for both pretty simple. 

At this stage I'm praying for 2011 with a massive turn of high pressure and sunshine at the weekend. That's all I've got at this stage. 

Not really. Scenario two (the Spanish plume!) he said their "MAY" be the possibility of storms, he didn't say it with any certainty, simply because they still don't know what is happening with either front.

My gut feeling says a mixed bag, mostly dry with the odd shower thrown in. It's more akin to something like 2015 (which had some mud but not loads)  rather than 2016 which was very sticky indeed.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Jesus. I think we ended up 13 hours or so from Manchester, managed to get the tent up just before it got dark.

Sounds like we had a better time than you though, why didn't the bus driver let you off?! People were on and off ours, pretty useful as I smoke. There was a church selling refreshments outside and all sorts, a group got off to buy a pint at a pub at one point. They thought they'd lost 2 of them and they turned up 20 minutes later, it was a solid warm up.

that said the driver on the way back was a dick so guess its luck of the draw with that stuff.

What time did you set off? We left at midnight on Wednesday & were pitched up by 8:30