The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

31 minutes ago, dccool said:

This was sent to me. Dont know exactly where but it's one of the worst bits on site apparently so I'm guessing SE corner somewhere where all the heavy machinery is.

Screenshot_20190619-113603_WhatsApp.jpg

Why don't they put down some hardpack or temporary tracks in the SE corner of they have heavy machinery in and out all the time ???

Edited by fuzzy_logic

43 minutes ago, dmedxb said:

I've got 6 pairs of trainer socks, 2 pairs of ski socks and 2 pairs of football socks in the bag... 

I think one of the few things we can be sure about at this stage is that there won't be any snow. 

• Like 1

From Netweather...

"As most of you can probably tell a lot of the time in here i'm a hopeless pessimist.

However:

ec-ens_nat_z500scenarios_2019061900_192.

ECM day 8 clusters all have the plume showing in a form.

By day 10 is where we have the real crunch - cluster 1 and 2 keep the low away and the heat on tap, whereas cluster 3 starts to move the low through. However it's now 66% plume continuing, and 33% shunted away. Odds now in favour rather than against. Even i'm starting to think about what could be on the horizon!!!

47 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Is it possible we could have the hot temperature without the thunderstorms (if they miss the site)? 

Could it just be a very muggy festival?

In 2010 I think there were vague threats of thunderstorms that never materialised--thunderstorm are very hit and miss, so hard to predict their exact striking points, only that the conditions make them likely or unlikely 

5 minutes ago, richy24 said:

From Netweather...

"As most of you can probably tell a lot of the time in here i'm a hopeless pessimist.

However:

ec-ens_nat_z500scenarios_2019061900_192.

ECM day 8 clusters all have the plume showing in a form.

By day 10 is where we have the real crunch - cluster 1 and 2 keep the low away and the heat on tap, whereas cluster 3 starts to move the low through. However it's now 66% plume continuing, and 33% shunted away. Odds now in favour rather than against. Even i'm starting to think about what could be on the horizon!!!

que?

20 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

06Z - in short....C158AE46-62FA-4B96-B397-FDE669E7891A.thumb.jpeg.792c765cd753298de8fa683167d0785c.jpeg

I always think it must be really embarrassing to be hit by lightning in front of people--I'd have to do that thing when you trip and no matter what the damage, pretend you were either breaking into brief run or are perfectly fine, in order to preserve dignity. 

• Like 2

Given that you can't predict the weather this far out, and all forecasts currently showing it looking absolutely horrific, that must mean that the reality will be anything but.

That's what I'm hoping for anyway. 

Not up for another 2016 sloppy entrance

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I always think it must be really embarrassing to be hit by lightning in front of people--I'd have to do that thing when you trip and no matter what the damage, pretend you were either breaking into brief run or are perfectly fine, in order to preserve dignity.