The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

3 minutes ago, dccool said:

This was sent to me. Dont know exactly where but it's one of the worst bits on site apparently so I'm guessing SE corner somewhere where all the heavy machinery is.

Screenshot_20190619-113603_WhatsApp.jpg

It looks like dry-ish churned up mud rather than WET soggy sticky mud though, right?

A plume is perfect is you like hot weather. However, plumes are usually short lived affairs but bring some of our hottest weather. 

For Glastonbury, as it’s in the SW (closer to the cut off low), you’re more likely to see heavy, thundery showers than places further east. But it will be hot (if the charts verify). 

Image result for gascoigne crying

2 minutes ago, dccool said:

This was sent to me. Dont know exactly where but it's one of the worst bits on site apparently so I'm guessing SE corner somewhere where all the heavy machinery is.

Screenshot_20190619-113603_WhatsApp.jpg

That doesn't look *too* bad. The mud doesn't appear to be that deep and isn't getting splashed onto his trousers or even that high up his boots.  If the ground has a bit of rest from vehicles and/or a bit of dry weather, it will recover nicely.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

was it 2014 we had a brief storm and the stages had to be shut down? I don't have any overriding memories of that being a bad weekend or drowning or anything, there were some heavy downpours throughout though.

Had my favorite line-up since 09 though so that may have helped the memories...

Yeah this was 2014 or 2015 - I remember it! We had lots of sun as well though.

2 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Netweather really talking up a heat wave for early next week now! 

Only issue is that the further south west you are the more likely we are going to get the wet end of it due to the low off the scily isles next week - will be warm thats for sure 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Norwegians have updated. 

Rain when we're setting up on Wednesday and then nearly 20mm of rain on Thursday which will turn the place to total shit.

Never change Nal. ?

btw did you know what spell check changes your name to? ?