The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 minute ago, stopwn1981 said:

All I want next week is to sit on some grass, without waterproofs on, with cider in my hand.  Is this too much to fucking ask?

Well, you could still do this. You might get a wet bottom. ?

Just now, doodlesbyben said:

I'm so confused by all the updates!

I've got wellies, a rain mac and suncream. My mood is... all over the place. This time next week I'll be setting up my tent, I just hope the weather doesn't make that too difficult. 

I never see another Medwegian!!!!!

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Our group (bar 1) are all hoping for it to be cool. 1 of them wants a mudbath. 

If just 1 day is red hot, I can deal with that. Its when it starts being 3 and 4 days. Its my health Im worried about. 

Yep! Just to clarify that I absolutely don't want rain. But 27 degrees + five days of alcohol = serious sunstroke!

Edited by mcmenace

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Our group (bar 1) are all hoping for it to be cool. 1 of them wants a mudbath. 

If just 1 day is red hot, I can deal with that. Its when it starts being 3 and 4 days. Its my health Im worried about. 

One of them wants a mudbath??

I was totally with you on the "fuck 27 degrees" thing, but this is just pure lunacy

18 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

On a serious point, I cant understand how 27 isnt too hot to handle. No shade. 2010 was the year saw the least amount of acts & we left straight after Stevie as couldnt handle the morning in that heat.

Everyone is built differently. Im built for attending the coldest football ground in the world at minus 3, with no hat on cos I'd get too hot. You obviously are not.

Yep, for me 20 is too hot. 27 sounds like a nightmarish hell hole. 

I watched a half hour video of 2005 floods in the campsite last night, suddenly realising that my "its only a bit of water" idea goes out the window if your whole tent gets washed away.. but on a lighter note, im confident next weekend will not be anywhere near those levels, aka- we will be fine.

Just read all the sites snd it is obvious they really have no idea but even if we get the low rain totals look small.

The Met Office says:
"As we head into late June there are signs that high pressure may become more dominant, bringing a chance of settled and warm weather with temperatures mostly near normal. "

The BBC says:
"With the jet stream continuing to linger just south of the UK, weather will remain more Spring-like with overall cooler than average temperatures as well.
However, there will be some variability, and when ridges of high pressure push in from the south, temperatures will recover to near or above average in places.
There is a thirty percent risk that low pressure will be a bit weaker and less extensive into the British Isles, which will mean high pressure from the continent will by the main influence on the weather.
This will mean longer warm and sunny spells with only a few, brief unsettled stretches, mostly in the North."

Go 30%
Go

After the mega flood of 2005 substantial drainage improvement work took place to try and prevent a repeat.....these have probably worked as there's been no flood since. That said, tents being inundated with liquid mud is still a common occurrence at a very wet fest.

glasto_2007_img%23_2064_std[1](1).jpeg

5 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

I watched a half hour video of 2005 floods in the campsite last night, suddenly realising that my "its only a bit of water" idea goes out the window if your whole tent gets washed away.. but on a lighter note, im confident next weekend will not be anywhere near those levels, aka- we will be fine.

2005 really wasn't as bad as it looked. Provided your tent wasn't at the bottom of Pennards, of course!

The drainage is much improved now and I doubt that will ever happen again. We're not looking at that kind of storm anyway.

And in 2005 I was sunbathing on hard ground on Monday, so in many ways it was better than 2007. I don't think either of those are on the cards.

4 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Just read all the sites snd it is obvious they really have no idea

Course they don't. It's 7 days before the festival. Impossible to tell what the weather will be like. The forecast next Monday for the festival weekend will be inaccurate too. 

13 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

And even that level dried out by sat night/sun am ?

The options on netweather at the moment are still - cold and rainy or hot and thundery (rainy). Take your pick (both means some mud), but heat and short sharp bursts of rain seem better.

Settled seems unlikely at this point given the low pressure system off the south west.