The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

37 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Meanwhile over at netweather...

Well, as I see it, given the sort of values we're seeing advertised at the 850 level, the boundary area between airmasses stands a real risk of a 200mm rainfall event- if everything happens to fall together in a certain way that is. The GFS doesn't really advertise this but the risk is there for sure.

Sounds like that daft prick from Exacta Weather bellend who sells his bile to the Daily Express every winter. 

22 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

Is a Mendip like a long drop? 

2 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Met office completely downgraded

amount of rain tonight out of nowhere - its

just vanished from the radar.  - positive move.

See they know nothing! 

AC35ACEA-AB09-4F8C-9825-1D2FC2E9D5F9.thumb.png.24284e5db963f82026939c6c567f806b.pngIt’s yet again drifting north ? The force is strong with the Pilton Deflector  

5 minutes ago, briddj said:

Confidence growing on Netweather.

"I would say tonight's Ecm 12z ensemble mean supports a plume event next week, especially the further s / e / se you are. "

Forgive me for my ignorance but isn’t a plume high temps + flash downpours/thunderstorms?  Is that a good thing?!

7 minutes ago, briddj said:

Confidence growing on Netweather.

"I would say tonight's Ecm 12z ensemble mean supports a plume event next week, especially the further s / e / se you are. "

No idea what a single word of that means, but I agree with this entirely...

1 minute ago, tumbles said:

Forgive me for my ignorance but isn’t a plume high temps + flash downpours/thunderstorms?  Is that a good thing?!

Thats what I was thinking (wiki below)

The Spanish Plume (Penacho Ibérico in Spanish and Spaanse Pluim in Dutch) is a weather pattern in which a plume of warm air moves from the Iberian plateau or the Saharato northwest Europe giving rise to severe thunderstorms. This meteorological pattern can lead to extreme high temperatures and intense rainfall during the summer months, with potential for flash flooding, damaging hail storms, and tornado formation