The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 minute ago, stopwn1981 said:

Yep, talk on netweather of 70% chance of this low winning out, which could mean another last week. Or alternatively a 30% chance it’ll be 40 degrees and we’ll all melt.

i.e they ain’t got a fucking clue!

Id take somewhere between the two extremes- Overcast, dry, warm.

Yep, if that low weren't there we'd be laughing.

As it is, everything can still go completely tits up!

4 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

Help me out mate - what does this mean i.e. what is a "Low"? 

That little round green/yellow bit out to the west of Cornwall. It’s a giant, stinking, 4 day old turd.  Around it just fluffy kittens and cold beers 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, briddj said:

Netweather find this 06Z run incredulous, for some balance. People don't think it can possibly come off. I'll take it not coming off and the temperatures being a bit less. After this June those temperatures would be murderous!

As I say with any run, lets see if the next one  validates it but my god is this exactly what we needed.  Warm temps, small risk of rain on sunday (metcheck and accuweather say 1mm! Pah! I've spilled more beer than that!), could not ask for a better forecast considering where we've come from.

As much as I want to get fully excited over this, I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic until Sunday.  As well all know, things can change very quickly so until that high pressure is confirmed I'm going to treat this the same as a bad forecast and wait for the next run.

Only kidding, I'm hella excited. 

Thank you briddj for all of your hard work.  You are most certainly owed a pint if I bump into you!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

(metcheck and accuweather say 1mm! Pah! I've spilled more beer than that!)

Is my maths correct? Weather forecast measurements (i.e. 2.3mm  or 4.1mm) means depth over a 1m x 1m square?

Meaning 1mm would translate as follows: 1mm x 1000mm x 1000mm = 1,000,000mm² = 1 litre.

THAT'S A LOT OF BEER! 

Edited by Cammers

31 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Yep, talk on netweather of 70% chance of this low winning out, which could mean another last week. Or alternatively a 30% chance it’ll be 40 degrees and we’ll all melt.

i.e they ain’t got a fucking clue!

Id take somewhere between the two extremes- Overcast, dry, warm.

70% seems terribly high ?