The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

GFS 06Z update - well, well, well

A fair bit of rain Sunday afternoon/evening and overnight - but pretty much dry on Monday with temperature of 23-24! That would dry up ALL the overnight rain easily.

Pressure: High pressure really taking command on Wednesday with the low further out to the south west. High pressure stays in control but that pesky low is dangerous, kept at bay in this run - but it's still a worry as we move forward. Pressure drops off going through Friday and into Saturday and Sunday and the low rears its ugly head

Precipitation: Small amount of rain around on Tuesday morning, but then TOTALLY dry (rain JUST missing Weds and Thurs as the low is further west) until Sunday afternoon when there is a bit of rain around.

Temperature: Monday 23-24, Tuesday 24-25, Wednesday 27 (!), Thurs 25-26, Friday 21-22, Saturday 23-24, Sunday 20

Does this qualify as a great update yet?

thurs_new.PNG

weds_new.PNG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

In three weeks time - on reflection - it will be last week. And I’ll be blue. And have 2020 ticket anxiety. It’s a never ending roller coaster. We love it.

^^ this ^^

1 minute ago, briddj said:

A fair bit of rain Sunday afternoon/evening and overnight - but pretty much dry on Monday with temperature of 23-24! That would dry up ALL the overnight rain easily.

Pressure: High pressure really taking command on Wednesday with the low further out to the south west. High pressure stays in control but that pesky low is dangerous, kept at bay in this run - but it's still a worry as we move forward. Pressure drops off going through Friday and into Saturday and Sunday and the low rears its ugly head

Precipitation: Small amount of rain around on Tuesday morning, but then TOTALLY dry (rain JUST missing Weds and Thurs as the low is further west) until Sunday afternoon when there is a bit of rain around.

Temperature: Monday 23-24, Tuesday 24-25, Wednesday 27 (!), Thurs 25-26, Friday 21-22, Saturday 23-24, Sunday 20

thurs_new.PNG

weds_new.PNG

No ? lot of ‘green’ level rain knocking about in that run.

2 minutes ago, briddj said:

thurs_new.PNG

weds_new.PNG

Mildly great in my view yes, Kylie's Hot Pants will take care of any threat on Sunday ?? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, briddj said:

thurs_new.PNG

weds_new.PNG

Don't forget that is Max UK temp and GFS likes to over do its temps generally so would be a few degrees short of that.  Its looking good but I'll want to see the 06z Ensembles for Somerset first and see if the Op is out on its own or has some support from the other 06z runs

Edited by Aragorn

1 minute ago, Aragorn said:

Don't forget that is Max UK temp and GFS likes to over do its temps generally so would be a few degrees short of that.  Its looking good but I'll want to see the 06z Ensembles for Somerset first and see if the Op is out on its own or has some agreement

I hope it is overdoing it!

1 minute ago, briddj said:

I hope it is overdoing it!

yeah the queue in 2017 was bad - I had to stop at one point near the stewards in the windy gated bit towards Gate D and take water on and sit down, was carrying way too much and thought I was gona pass out.

A quote from over on that forum :lol:

It's an absoluteley incredible chart! we're talking about roads melting, rail tracks buckling! I don't beleive it will verify though until it's been plastered on the Express fromt page.

scenes.

Edited by JoeyT

and today another bullet dodged....Heavy rain as predicted by metoffice this morning appears to have mainly missed the site :)

Just a bit of light rain over night tonight to dampen down the dust and suns out tomorrow :)

Im currently in Hamsphire where its due to piss down.....come on you lovely rain soak me here , please :D

20 minutes ago, briddj said:

thurs_new.PNG

weds_new.PNG

So its wellies left at home and Factor 50 and sun hats packed! 

10 minutes ago, Jackomanaco said:

This make me nervous

Screenshot_20190618-120027__01.jpg

Yep, talk on netweather of 70% chance of this low winning out, which could mean another last week. Or alternatively a 30% chance it’ll be 40 degrees and we’ll all melt.

i.e they ain’t got a fucking clue!

Id take somewhere between the two extremes- Overcast, dry, warm.