The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

4 minutes ago, doodlesbyben said:

I got a wee bit of heat stroke and passed out in the shade beside my tent on the wednesday, it was absolutely horrendous.

That site wide cheer that went up around 7pm when that cloud covered the sun for a moment is a memory I'll not forget in a while

Yes I remember the cloud from that year, that still makes me smile today when I think about it. 

• Upvote 1

So are the high temps plus rain on the wednesday now off the table? Because that's a worrying combo for carting your stuff across the site--it would mean it would be very humid and I don't know what you'd wear in that as waterproofs would have you sweating like a hog! 

Can’t see it being 2017 hot next Wednesday.   Looking at the weather forecast now on the Met Office Hazard Manager the rainfall today seems to be on the cards between 10 and 12noon.   The totals don’t look as bad as they did a few days ago.   The next real hazard looks to be over night tonight into Wednesday morning with some bigger totals around, they’re tracking south but if they hit we’re looking at up to 16mm.  The ground looks like it can take it though.

After that the period on Sunday afternoon, evening and overnight looks a bit hairy.  Some big totals again south of the site of up to 32mm.  

Pic 1 - Overnight into Wednesday

Wednesday.png

Pic 2 Sunday evening.

Sunday.png

Edited by Bags73

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

So are the high temps plus rain on the wednesday now off the table? Because that's a worrying combo for carting your stuff across the site--it would mean it would be very humid and I don't know what you'd wear in that as waterproofs would have you sweating like a hog! 

No one knows. Everything is on a knife-edge for next week. Won't have any kind of remote certainly until the weekend I'd say.

There were thermometers showing in the high 30s on the Wednesday down in the valley bottom.

In the queue since 5, by noon we were hiding out in the bar on the corner of Williams Green with hundreds of others virtually passed out. My Mrs, who can lay outside for two weeks in a Spanish August, was really suffering as she’d dehydrated.

The tester is a bag of salty crisps. If you can’t taste the salt you’ve let you body salts get too low from sweating. Eat the crisps and get an isotonic drink down you. An hour later she was fine but we still hid in the shade all afternoon and made our second car trip in the evening.

27 minutes ago, Bags73 said:

Can’t see it being 2017 hot next Wednesday.   Looking at the weather forecast now on the Met Office Hazard Manager the rainfall today seems to be on the cards between 10 and 12noon.   The totals don’t look as bad as they did a few days ago.   The next real hazard looks to be over night tonight into Wednesday morning with some bigger totals around, they’re tracking south but if they hit we’re looking at up to 16mm.  The ground looks like it can take it though.

After that the period on Sunday afternoon, evening and overnight looks a bit hairy.  Some big totals again south of the site of up to 32mm.  

Pic 1 - Overnight into Wednesday

Wednesday.png

Pic 2 Sunday evening.

Sunday.png

Concerning re: Sunday. The Nal could still be on course...

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

After Download last weekend, dare I keep up this with thread... 

How bad was Download? A friends instagram seemed to suggest it was pretty bad on the Thursday night, but during the actual music the arena seemed fine (Everyone was wearing jackets, but it didn't seem that muddy?)