The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

19 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

That wasn’t a great run at all. The temperatures are really not that important compared to rainfall. Now there’s not a huge amount currently forecast but that run shows a very changeable festival with the potential for relatively consistent rainfall Wednesday and Sunday, with lighter rain possible on other days. 

We won’t know until next week based on current models. Too much divergence. 

I think compared to the weather we have had, and could be having, this ain't bad.

Also temperatures play a part in drying up any rain that does fall surely?

4 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

I think compared to the weather we have had, and could be having, this ain't bad.

It’s not terrible, but it’s not great either considering the signs the ECM is showing. We want this to start to move in that direction. 

You're right about temps. But I’d personally rather cool and dry than warm and raining. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Thanks for this, and all the sterling work you do, but the large bold font is a bit misleading wouldn’t you say? That’s a million miles from what I would consider a bloody great update. More like a bit of a shit update. Rain every day of the festival.

Compared to a couple of days ago, and the level of rain actually in THIS forecast. I 100% think it is, comparative, a great update.

1 hour ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Exactly. It's all about the perception of where we've come from. Compared to that, I'm 100% sticking with it as a great update.

Edited by briddj

1 hour ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

That wasn’t a great run at all. The temperatures are really not that important compared to rainfall. Now there’s not a huge amount currently forecast but that run shows a very changeable festival with the potential for relatively consistent rainfall Wednesday and Sunday, with lighter rain possible on other days. 

We won’t know until next week based on current models. Too much divergence. 

I'm 100% sure you know a lot more about it than me! I was just going off the GFS compared to where we were at.

Friday's update it was a deluge, then Sunday 17 degrees and still with possible rain most days. Now we're up to lovely warm temperatures with a bit of rain around. 

Ideally we'd lose the rain obviously, but we have definitely been on an upward trajectory.

Edited by briddj

Netweather geeks are as confident as we've ever seen them at the moment, as the "Ecm 12z ensemble mean gives us a chance of a plume in a week's time and the run ends with azores ridging extending towards southern uk."

Still very early days in all this. If it's still saying this come the weekend, I might start to believe.....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, briddj said:

I'm 100% sure you know a lot more about it than me! I was just going off the GFS compared to where we were at.

Friday's update it was a deluge, then Sunday 17 degrees and still with possible rain most days. Now we're up to lovely warm temperatures with a bit of rain around. 

Ideally we'd lose the rain obviously, but we have definitely been on an upward trajectory.

Not sure I do mate,  just a natural pessimist ?

47 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Arrrgh! First time for the weather thread, Chernobyl-style radiation sickness. 5G death rays.

(What a stunning series btw)

That’s the plot twist for this years festival- turns out we arrive and are surprised by glorious dry weather but unfortunately all die from 5g radiation sickness