The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Funnily enough @The Nal's reminders of 2016 have ultimately just cheered me up. It's looking far from perfect but remember that this was the state of parts of the site on the Friday before opening in 2016:

Whatever happens now it's going to be nothing like that.

Thank you. People (Nal) are really hyping this up to like 2016 where we would already know by now if it was to be anywhere near that. 

3 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Funnily enough @The Nal's reminders of 2016 have ultimately just cheered me up. It's looking far from perfect but remember that this was the state of parts of the site on the Friday before opening in 2016:

And see also this one:

Whatever happens now it's going to be nothing like that.

Mad in the Emily interview that there was talk of knocking the whole thing on the head.

• Like 1

It looks as if *that* video was posted for the first time on the 2016 weather thread on the Friday before the festival.

So, if we can make it to then without it being similar on site (all signs are positive) then we can all chill out and calm the f**k down.

:)

Unsurprisingly, it was around the 14th/15th June in 2016 (one week out from gates opening) that the forecasts began to crystallise and our dreams of sunshine powerful enough to dry the ground went to shit. As many point out, the ground is nowhere near as bad as it was in 16 at this point.

The next 2 or 3 days are key. Keep the faith. 

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

It looks as if *that* video was posted for the first time on the 2016 weather thread on the Friday before the festival.

So, if we can make it to then without it being similar on site (all signs are positive) then we can all chill out and calm the f**k down.

:)

There's videos in that thread and one posted on here from todays date in 16 with it already flooding. We wont be getting it. There's not enough rain predicted to do that. 

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Missed about 20 pages, can somebody update me please.

Scale of 1-10, 1 being 2007 weather and 10 being 2010, what are we looking at.....

I'd say a strong 6 maybe pushing 7 as long as the rain isn't too bad Monday/Tuesday. Its going to be cooler than it was in 2010 and 2017 but still in the low 20s. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Thank you. People (Nal) are really hyping this up to like 2016 where we would already know by now if it was to be anywhere near that. 

Apparently that's fun and not to be challenged but some of us are trying to keep a more level head. Hard for folk just popping in to know what to take seriously though. All I'm concerned about currently is it staying at least this good for the Monday out which is still shaky - not worried about the rest, will be fine.

2 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Historically I've trusted yr.no, however they have apparently been taken over by madmen and are predicting an absolute fuck-down on the Wednesday. I'm not having that. Bookmark deleted.

Don't trust the Scandinavians 

I’d say that if there are no long spells of torrential rain between now and the start it’ll be more like 2008 or 2009.  Some dry spells, some rain.  Some mud but not energy sapping like 2015 or everywhere like 2007.    On the scale I’d say it’s looking like 5-6.

If it’s like 2015 I’d be well happy.

16 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Missed about 20 pages, can somebody update me please.

Scale of 1-10, 1 being 2007 weather and 10 being 2010, what are we looking at.....

We are currently on a 6 due to the forecast for Friday. That might change in the next update in three hours!