The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Nice positive update then as we head in to the penultimate week. Each day the forecasts get more crucial, so that's a good start for t-minus 9 days to go.

There do seem to be some consistent signs that the pressure is increasing in the second half of Glastonbury week. Let's hope that continues!

Yep, that's key. A week ago it was supposed to be getting up to the mid-teens in the south-east this week, but that has now been binned off the closer we've got - so going to be tenterhooks all the way.

10 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

When are we expecting the next Gav video update? Not that I particularly enjoyed watching Friday's instalment....

EDIT: D'oh! Shoulda read the last page before posting!

His last one was the stuff of nightmares

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This is like the bit where the space probe goes out of contact with Houston for ten minutes...

Looking a hell of a lot better and gets rid of that trend from update 1. Big improvement so if it continues to improve like that we are looking good. Heatwave unlikely though 

4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Looking a hell of a lot better and gets rid of that trend from update 1. Big improvement so if it continues to improve like that we are looking good. Heatwave unlikely though 

Apart from right at the end where he casually says "But there will have been a deluge just before the gates open"

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Apart from right at the end where he casually says "But there will have been a deluge just before the gates open"

Which worries me more about traffic mayhem if the campers get stuck on the tues.. I'll take it if it means dry festival thou

Just now, barkley87 said:

Can someone please summarise Gav's latest update? I'm at the gym checking the weather thread between sets (yes, that's how obsessed I am) but my breaks aren't long enough to watch the whole thing! 

I'm not sure  yet, but it's going to be fine, if nothing spectacular.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah he slips that in very casually. I know it had been mentioned about possible storms that day but hopefully they fuck right off. He also mentions the large amount of rain they have had in June....obv hasn't been keeping up to date with the state of the ground thread and Dees well stick 

2 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

As depressing as it is, I imagine this will be the peak position in terms of positivity. No doubt the ‘deluge’ will manage to delay itself until Weds/Thurs. 8 degrees ??

Unless it magically misses the site like the last few deluges have. 

Edited by barkley87