The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

The temps are always lower than actual this far in advance--usually add a few degrees on to whatever is predicted 

Also feels much warmer outside today than the forecast indicates.

At least you’ve got a good leaf brolly to keep us dry.

9 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Arrrrgh!!! Up and down and who the f*ck knows seems to be the theme at the moment.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/91894-model-output-discussion-the-start-of-summer/?do=findComment&comment=4045089

"Word of warning gang, there is some absolute filth indicated for late June on the GEFS 6z in terms of unseasonably cool and unsettled but in amongst the dross there are some very summery members too, anyway, that's just my unbiased agenda free opinion!??"

I think that's the worst prediction so far, don't think even Glastoweatherwatch's scale went up to absolute filth!

Edited by gizmoman
spell

2 hours ago, Half Man Half Mattress said:

It was scorching when we arrived on the Wednesday in 2016. Chucked it down Thursday morning and Friday morning/early afternoon. There was sunshine on Friday and Saturday though, can remember watching Foals and it was a beautiful evening. Sunday was miserable all day.

I wasn't there until the friday and it was raining when I arrived. God knows what happened saturday - I can't remember anything about the saturday at all! I have clear memories of sunday being rubbish though, but LCD soundsystem were headlining so nothing else mattered.

The 06Z run was VERY good for us. Rain around on the Monday and Tuesday but then essentially zero rain for the whole festival.

The unseasonably cool prediction is for next weekend and that Monday and Tuesday with 16 on Wednesday and 18 Thursday and Friday. Then high pressure starts to roll in and temps rise every day through to 21 on Saturday and up to 23, 24 on the Sunday.

We're back at the TOP of the rollercoaster! The only way is....

image.png.55c5d4266cffa95e43c5a3eccaa4a47c.png

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, briddj said:

The 06Z run was VERY good for us. Rain around on the Monday and Tuesday but then essentially zero rain for the whole festival.

The unseasonably cool prediction is for next weekend and that Monday and Tuesday with 16 on Wednesday and 18 Thursday and Friday. Then high pressure starts to roll in and temps rise every day through to 21 on Saturday and up to 23, 24 on the Sunday.

We're back at the TOP of the rollercoaster! The only way is....

image.png.55c5d4266cffa95e43c5a3eccaa4a47c.png

Thanks, I'll take this one, where's the accept button?

4 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Once again it’s drifted north of the site - It’s crazy how many times that’s happened now ! 324E41DB-755B-4DC3-85CB-986668C6962A.thumb.png.5d5328efade45f687537a437ad5dcb4f.png

Looks pretty grim on the webcam right now