The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have a few! Sunburn, factor 50 doesnt work enough & an inability to cool down hamper my enjoyment.

The practical solution to being too cold is extra layers. The practical solution to being too hot at glastonbury, I am yet to find. 

This is why god invented the refreshing pint of lager.

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In 2016 it ladled it down at 5am on the Friday morning at set the clock back on all the drying that had happened up till then.

But it was definitely lovely and sunny when we were watching ZZ Top.

I remember frantically searching for a bottle of factor 30 that i’d somehow had mind to put in my bag during ZZ Top - my skin felt like it was on fire during that sun! Bonkers weather that weekend. It trolled us beyond belief. 

12 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have a few! Sunburn, factor 50 doesnt work enough & an inability to cool down hamper my enjoyment.

The practical solution to being too cold is extra layers. The practical solution to being too hot at glastonbury, I am yet to find. 

The only thing that works for me is soaking a vest, scarf, whatever material there is to hand and putting it round my neck.

1 hour ago, PollyPeach said:

The problem with 2016 was that the sun didn't come out, so there wasn't any chance for the mud to dry up. But it definitely didn't rain the whole time. I remember a lot of rain friday and sunday evening, then no recollection at all about Saturday... although I have a picture of us under a giant rainbow in the mud so guess it did rain at some point.  I actually had a great time in 2016. My worst year was 2011 - just made bad decisions so ended up doing a lot of trudging in the mud and getting stuck in crowds. The Sunday was good though - whole thing dried up and we were sitting down on the ground by lunchtime.

I can tell it's getting close now I am back religiously checking the weather thread!

It was scorching when we arrived on the Wednesday in 2016. Chucked it down Thursday morning and Friday morning/early afternoon. There was sunshine on Friday and Saturday though, can remember watching Foals and it was a beautiful evening. Sunday was miserable all day.

Edited by Half Man Half Mattress

5 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Looking pretty good again. Tuesday night/Wednesday morning to be rainy but then not much rain the rest of the week til sunday

Wednesday morning wouldn’t be fun, the influx of people arriving on site would churn the site up like 2011 

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Was bright this morning just outside Andover. 

Has just shit it down out of the blue for 10 minutes. And now just raining solidly. 

Not feeling hopeful. 

And yes, I am completely semi-unreasonably equating the weather here an hour away with that of Pilton. 

Blazing sunshine here now. 

Gonna be ‘one of those’ Glastonburys, I reckon. 

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Putting on extra layers means having to raise each arm above my shoulders, it's exhausting - you're being selfish

10 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Doesn't look any prospect for a hot dry fest by all accounts so everyone should keep fingers crossed and hope for the best. Changeable seems to be the word  used by most forecasters. 

I wouldn’t rule it out yet. There are signs higher pressure is on the way, just depends if it sticks. Things can change quickly so I wouldn’t rule out hot and dry conditions until probably Thursday/Friday this week.

1 hour ago, Titters said:

And stay there....

Screenshot_20190616_113922_uk.gov.metoffice.weather.android.jpg

What is with all these close call weather hits the last few days?! Is it to make up for 2005 when it looked like that storm zoomed in on the site like a homing missile? 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I wouldn’t rule it out yet. There are signs higher pressure is on the way, just depends if it sticks. Things can change quickly so I wouldn’t rule out hot and dry conditions until probably Thursday/Friday this week.

The temps are always lower than actual this far in advance--usually add a few degrees on to whatever is predicted