The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Just now, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Might I politely suggest that nobody ever posts a link to or even mentions The Sun newspaper on here irrespective of what the content is.   

It is like treading dog shit onto nice clean silk rug.

Fair enough. It was just a little poke at the twats more than anything.

• Upvote 2

Even though we are quite far out I think we can rule out a heatwave.

All eyes to temperature and rainfall which is still very much up for grabs at this stage.

This time next week we will have a much better idea.

7 more days of speculation.

100% agree with the anti S** posts.

14 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Might I politely suggest that nobody ever posts a link to or even mentions The Sun newspaper on here irrespective of what the content is.   

its a shame @eFestivals cant build something in to block links to it 

20 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Saying that though, over at Netweather they are all shaking their heads at the ECM results. More doom and gloom - and once again the rollercoaster plummets....

That said, it's the same old posters with the doom and gloom who are desperate to find something negative in every run. Notice they don't seem to post when it's a good run? A handful of them are desperate for there to be no summer! 

One of them said that if it doesn't improve in the next few weeks then that's it because August is never a good month. Incredible! 

1 minute ago, briddj said:

That said, it's the same old posters with the doom and gloom who are desperate to find something negative in every run. Notice they don't seem to post when it's a good run? A handful of them are desperate for there to be no summer! 

One of them said that if it doesn't improve in the next few weeks then that's it because August is never a good month. Incredible! 

They want a heatwave over there too. All I want is moderate average temps for end of June and as little rain as possible. They can keep 27 degrees and no shade 

14 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Even though we are quite far out I think we can rule out a heatwave.

All eyes to temperature and rainfall which is still very much up for grabs at this stage.

This time next week we will have a much better idea.

7 more days of speculation.

100% agree with the anti S** posts.

There's an AZORES HIGH that is still lurking and could yet push up. Depends on the ridge of high pressure that has been present in recent runs.

You certainly cannot rule it out. 

Don't give up yet, but right now give me bang average late June weather! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tumbles said:

They want a heatwave over there too. All I want is moderate average temps for end of June and as little rain as possible. They can keep 27 degrees and no shade 

Yeah that's what I just said in my other reply. Just give us average now! 

And one of them is completely obsessed with some Greenland blocking high something or other coming back. Literally willing it to happen but also moaning about it! 

Edited by briddj

29 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

It is like treading dog shit into a beloved indian blanket

FTFY

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Doffs hat ? 

22 minutes ago, briddj said:

Yeah that's what I just said in my other reply. Just give us average now! 

And one of them is completely obsessed with some Greenland blocking high something or other coming back. Literally willing it to happen but also moaning about it! 

I think it's a case of sometimes they speculate on something, then because they don't want to be wrong they grab every bit of small evidence when it crops up to go 'look, see? I was right! I WAS RIGHT!!!' That one bloke on there is Greenland high obsessed.....

The good thing about these cloudy forecasts is fairly warm nights. Not going below 14 most nights according to the Beeb. That's a nice temperature with a light jacket on if it's dry.

I like blue skies and sunshine, but 20-21 during the day and 14 at night are really comfortable temperatures. From a convenience point of view better than 2010 or 2017, if not quite as joyous.

Heatwave, shweatwave, we may yet get the perfect festival weather!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The good thing about these cloudy forecasts is fairly warm nights. Not going below 14 most nights according to the Beeb. That's a nice temperature with a light jacket on if it's dry.

I like blue skies and sunshine, but 20-21 during the day and 14 at night are really comfortable temperatures. From a convenience point of view better than 2010 or 2017, if not quite as joyous.

Heatwave, shweatwave, we may yet get the perfect festival weather!

A touch of 2013 suits me fine