The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

12 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

https://www.gavsweathervids.com

Gav's newest update for next week and part of Glastonbury is certainly looking a lot more promising today. Possible thunderstorms this week but nothing too concerning. 

Even mention of an Azores high on the Wednesday of the gates opening. Lets hope for more of this! tumblr_n0srxqpoeV1rj6lpxo1_400.gif.58c4c45840b3c9f23496db7470caf597.gif

I wish I hadn't seen that , it's very harrowing indeed

29 minutes ago, Robofish said:

Yeah I know, it was bad timing. But it did look awful. I’m not a pessimist though - I have every faith that it’s going to be the best Glastonbury ever.

That’s only rain they’ve had all day and yet five miles north east ish has had about 5-6 deluges today. Been same all week, other than weds I think the sites barely got any of it 

38 minutes ago, briddj said:

Thunderstorms possible on Wednesday, though.

If that's from accuweather then you can discount that as they are proven fantasists.

25 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

Ive missed many pages of this.. on the Phil Jones facial expression scale, what are we looking at this evening?

Keep your eyes peeled.

I believe there should be some runs out soon (if not now) but things look like they could be heading for an improvement. 

The main thing at the moment is that the ground is in good shape and should improve. There's a few showers forecast for over next 7 days but nothing to worry about.  

The weather over the festival doesn't look the best at the moment (on metcheck and accuweather) but that's ok as it will change.

PhilJonesindignation.jpg

Edited by Kinkyinuit
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

A good few hours. And it was the heaviest rain I've ever seen in the UK. I thought my tent was going to cave in. I was on Pennards and got flooded out. Then the sun came out after the deluge and I dried everything out within about an hour. It was very bizarre. Walked down the hill and saw the Police divers checking tents. ?

We were in Pennards too. The river that developed across that night just missed our tent, but it was awful for the people who had it flowing through the middle of theirs. 

I have the same memory of walking down and seeing the police divers checking the tents. Scary. 

The thing I remember is that the Wednesday and Thursday were so sunny and we were taking advantage of any shade we found.  We even tied one of those thermal foil space blanket things over our tent to try to reflect the sun and keep the tent cooler.

On the Thursday evening we sat outside our tent, a small campfire burning, drinking JD and vodka. We had a call from my partners dad to see how we were getting on, “get ready for the storms, they’re coming your way. It’s terrible here.”

We laughed at the thought of it! Went to bed relatively early and woke up in the middle of the night to very heavy rain, thunder and lightning. 

Thats when I remembered the foil thing I’d tied around the outside of our tent! Basically a lightning conductor. Cue me shooting out of the tent at high speed in my boxers to wrestle with the foil blanket.

Fun and games.  

9 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

We laughed at the thought of it! Went to bed relatively early and woke up in the middle of the night to very heavy rain, thunder and lightning. 

Thats when I remembered the foil thing I’d tied around the outside of our tent! Basically a lightning conductor. Cue me shooting out of the tent at high speed in my boxers to wrestle with the foil blanket.

Fun and games.  

This isn't a risk. The mylar film is aluminised on one side but unless you had it wired to the ground too it's no more of a target than a wet tent. Can stay dry next time :)

Not that we'll have a next time.

12 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

This isn't a risk. The mylar film is aluminised on one side but unless you had it wired to the ground too it's no more of a target than a wet tent. Can stay dry next time :)

Not that we'll have a next time.

Fairly sure there are much more attractive conductive items on the farm too.  Pangea for starters ! 

10 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Looks like the love child of Barry from easy enders and supernintendo chalmers 

I hear there's been sightings of Aurora Borealis up by the Stone Circle, and no, you aren't allowed to see it. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

According on the Scum we're heading for a monsoon during the festival....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/9302193/uk-weather-forecast-summer-glastonbury/amp/

Typical sun bullshit - we’ve had nowhere near 77mm of rain.

Fuck off the sun and fuck off the met office who should know better. Ballbags. 

Edited by tumbles

1 hour ago, ticketboy69 said:

We were in Pennards too. The river that developed across that night just missed our tent, but it was awful for the people who had it flowing through the middle of theirs. 

I have the same memory of walking down and seeing the police divers checking the tents. Scary. 

The thing I remember is that the Wednesday and Thursday were so sunny and we were taking advantage of any shade we found.  We even tied one of those thermal foil space blanket things over our tent to try to reflect the sun and keep the tent cooler.

On the Thursday evening we sat outside our tent, a small campfire burning, drinking JD and vodka. We had a call from my partners dad to see how we were getting on, “get ready for the storms, they’re coming your way. It’s terrible here.”

Fun and games.  

Same here, there was a gully about 5 meters from where we we camped and we took in a Welsh lad whis tent got flooded and I gave him some dry clothes.

Amazing electrical storm the only time I've ever seen anything like it since I was on the edge of Dartmoor, luckily indoors

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

virtual upvote as im out ... and its not just scousers that wouldn't buy it :) 

Same here. Bunch of weasels.

Im not from Liverpool and I have no interest in football, but just for the lies they printed about Hillsborough, they can rot for all eternity.

Edited by Duggyfresh44
  • Upvote 1