The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

I posted this in the "State Of The Ground " topic too, but it's worth sticking in here also I think -

I'm based in Nottingham and it's been raining here non stop, very heavily, since pretty much Monday/Tuesday and only stopped about an hour and a half ago. I've just been out on my lunch and in the 90 minutes since it stopped literally everywhere has dried up and you wouldn't have any idea that it had ever rained now.

With that in mind, and the forecast over the next week or so, I don't think we have anything to worry about in terms of mud and the ground when people arrive in 12 days. As @deebeedoobee has been telling us, the ground is holding well and Pilton hasn't had half as much as the rest of the country.

KTF

I think this thread is being controlled by a Russian bot, they are collecting data on you all and you are being categorised as

Permanently Optimistic,

Permanently Pessimistic,

Opinion Easily Influenced by the Latest News.

In the event of a General Election or Referendum, those in the third category are going to get bombarded with "information" on all social media platforms.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Yeah it's getting well rowdy!

Is that a Glastonbury Festival-specific forum/thread? Part of me is hoping there's a forum full of mental people arguing vociferously about the weather in general.

Edited by Homer
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Homer said:

Is that a Glastonbury Festival-specific forum/thread? Part of me is hoping there's a forum for all mental people arguing vociferously about the weather in general.

I wonder if we are in the forum's equivalent of the run up to Christmas for shops

1 hour ago, briddj said:

"The GEFS 6z mean shows an improvement early next week and then again from the end of next week with the south and east doing best, as is typical in summer with lower heights to the NW keeping the n / nw in a predominantly cooler changeable / unsettled atlantic regime but with some fine and warmer spells too, especially in the longer term and the s / se in particular could become very warm at times with continental influence as well as the azores high / ridge.. "

image.thumb.png.de1c2a75cd3db3389842e3bc9aba590a.png

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Homer said:

Is that a Glastonbury Festival-specific forum/thread? Part of me is hoping there's a forum full of mental people arguing vociferously about the weather in general.

It's not Glastonbury specific which makes it even funnier. People from different ends of the country arguing about who has or hasn't interpreted a weather model correctly!

I never knew the weather could be so controversial.

5 minutes ago, richy24 said:

It's not Glastonbury specific which makes it even funnier. People from different ends of the country arguing about who has or hasn't interpreted a weather model correctly!

I never knew the weather could be so controversial.

Makes this thread the voice of reason by the sound of it - worrying times!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Would you still buy a ticket for Glastonbury if you knew it would rain the entire time?

someone make a poll if you like I just tried and failed ?

I would be there whatever the weather decides to do. My wife is totally different on the other hand.

The fact I haven't been giving her daily updates on the weather situation this year tells her there's some uncertainty at the moment. I'm confident it's going to be brilliant however! 

33 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Would you still buy a ticket for Glastonbury if you knew it would rain the entire time?

someone make a poll if you like I just tried and failed ?

This needs clarification. Is it drizzle or are we talking proper lashing with rain? Assumably we are talking not hard enough to close the stages but definitely enough for trench foot by Monday?

Either way, yes.

Edited by JoBalls

Seeing people selling their Download tickets before the event..... would this put anyone off Glastonbury? 2016 for example the reports from Wednesdays' nightmare travel.... I would be really interested to find out if there were people who didn't go because of this news!

2 minutes ago, EMorgz92 said:

Seeing people selling their Download tickets before the event..... would this put anyone off Glastonbury? 2016 for example the reports from Wednesdays' nightmare travel.... I would be really interested to find out if there were people who didn't go because of this news!

No chance. After missing out on tickets in 2017 I’ve been waiting 3 fucking long years for this. 

Have to say I was pretty restless waking up on the Wednesday in 2016 knowing we weren’t going over TIL the Thursday. After seeing the reports of the queues and conditions I was over the moon

9 minutes ago, EMorgz92 said:

Personally no. But I don't begrudge anyone for doing it. 2016 was truly awful. I still had a good time but others I was with did not. Morale was very low by the Sunday. A couple mates with mobility issues were in a really bad way. If there was any indication that this year was going to be exactly the same or worse, then a fair number of my lot wouldn't go/would try to sell their ticket.