The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

14 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Download: Fans leave muddy festival after heavy rain https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-48627574

Poor John Hawkins. First festival ever and he's on his way back to Grimsby on a stretcher, pissed wet through and still desperate for the toilet.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Download: Fans leave muddy festival after heavy rain https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-48627574

Just read. The last picture doesn't make it look that bad really. I know that was Wednesday though.

Sullivan-Wren Sheriff seems like a lovely person. What a great thing to do

8 minutes ago, incident said:

If we get 2016 levels of rain, then yes it could be like 2016.

But right now the ground is nowhere near as saturated - not even close.

Yeah, not even close. Can you remember the videos of the rivers that were running across the pyramid in the weeks leading up to the festival?? The ground was totally saturated for weeks or months before and it still probably would have been okay if not for the absolute deluge we got all morning on the Wednesday.

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

if you are worried about the weather 

then you shouldn't have gotten a ticket

it's a UK festival , the chances are it will be wet, get over it , had some of the best years during wet years

And if it's crowded, all the better
Because we know we're gonna be up late
But if you're worried about the weather
Then you picked the wrong place to stay
That's how it starts

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

We are well on target to surpass the 172 pages this thread had before gates had opened in 2017.

Required page rate (it is the cricket world cup after all :P) is 5.5 pages per day to ensure victory.

It's definitely in our locker.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stopwn1981 said:

? wimbledon88

Wimbledon88

Yes, some very disturbed output this morning. No need to post charts. We could as I said several weeks ago be looking at a 2007 Summer. 

It's such an obviously laughable thing to say, the combination of "here's my view, BTW no need to check it!"

Glad to see they pilloried him for it.

35 minutes ago, Raincatcher said:

And if it's crowded, all the better
Because we know we're gonna be up late
But if you're worried about the weather
Then you picked the wrong place to stay
That's how it starts

Im out of upvotes, but thank you for this

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

We are well on target to surpass the 172 pages this thread had before gates had opened in 2017.

Required page rate (it is the cricket world cup after all :P) is 5.5 pages per day to ensure victory.

It's definitely in our locker.

We’ve already exceeded that today, we were on 99 when I woke up this morning. ?

"The GEFS 6z mean shows an improvement early next week and then again from the end of next week with the south and east doing best, as is typical in summer with lower heights to the NW keeping the n / nw in a predominantly cooler changeable / unsettled atlantic regime but with some fine and warmer spells too, especially in the longer term and the s / se in particular could become very warm at times with continental influence as well as the azores high / ridge.. "

image.thumb.png.de1c2a75cd3db3389842e3bc9aba590a.png

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I shower and have a cup of tea before i dare open this thread.  But only after checking bbc forecast.  It’s still showing decent weather in festival run up.  No heatwave but dry and thin cloud. Low 20s temp. 

Stick! Take this in a heart beat. 

9 minutes ago, briddj said:

"The GEFS 6z mean shows an improvement early next week and then again from the end of next week with the south and east doing best, as is typical in summer with lower heights to the NW keeping the n / nw in a predominantly cooler changeable / unsettled atlantic regime but with some fine and warmer spells too, especially in the longer term and the s / se in particular could become very warm at times with continental influence as well as the azores high / ridge.. "

Lovely stuff!

The Netweather forum is amazing isn't it?! constantly squabbling with each other. One lad has just said 'Time for me to take a big step back from this forum'. 

Edited by bigfurbdogg

3 hours ago, LSTx said:

I don't know what to believe anymore

That weather prediction weeks out is basically impossible?

If you're taking anything more than "not a complete washout, not a total heatwave" from forecasts at the moment you're reading too much into it.

1 hour ago, yehbutnobut said:

giphy.gif

This is exactly me at over 40 on rides where I might unexpectedly get wet ? at least it amuses the hell out of my mates

Expected sky wet is fine however, just ideally not in festival time.

19 minutes ago, briddj said:

Too much?

B592CF0C-17CC-4747-8BF8-FE25226A761C.jpeg

• Like 1