The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Just now, AmazingAbby said:

It doesn't matter if it's sunny as long as it's dry and warm enough though right?

Right. But I'm thinking more of the next 10 days. The site is pretty wet currently and if it doesn't get a bit of sun to dry out we will/could have 2016-type mud even if the weather is OK during the festival. 

1 minute ago, franathy said:

Right. But I'm thinking more of the next 10 days. The site is pretty wet currently and if it doesn't get a bit of sun to dry out we will/could have 2016-type mud even if the weather is OK during the festival. 

Yeah you're right. I'm never going to say no to sun at any point either. I'm too tired to even have feelings towards the weather now we're on our fifth day of rain in Newcastle.

22 minutes ago, franathy said:

I just think even if we have mud it’s not going to be to 2016 extent... by this point in 2016 we had had 6 months of solid rain, and by all accounts 2019 has been fairly dry aside from this month. The ground has a lot more capacity than it did this time 3 years ago. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

I just think even if we have mud it’s not going to be to 2016 extent... by this point in 2016 we had had 6 months of solid rain, and by all accounts 2019 has been fairly dry aside from this month. The ground has a lot more capacity than it did this time 3 years ago. 

You. I like you.

6 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

As much as i'd love that to be true, i reckon if he we keep getting rain in the build up, and then more rain during then it *could* quite easily be a repeat of 2016. 

But also, we *could* have seen the worst of it and we may get some sunny days during the fest and it could all be lovely.

Edited by bigfurbdogg

The midday GFS run now has virtually no rain over the whole festival - a bit on the Monday before.

Temperatures on festival days of:

Weds - 19/20

Thurs - 18/19

Fri - 17/18

Sat - 20/21

Sun - Not in range

So a considerable improvement from this morning. You see, it's JUST A ROLLERCOASTER

1 minute ago, briddj said:

The midday GFS run now has virtually no rain over the whole festival - a bit on the Monday before.

Temperatures on festival days of:

Weds - 19/20

Thurs - 18/19

Fri - 17/18

Sat - 20/21

Sun - Not in range

So a considerable improvement from this morning. You see, it's JUST A ROLLERCOASTER

I bet Wimbledon88 is fuming right now

1 minute ago, bigfurbdogg said:

As much as i'd love that to be true, i reckon if he we keep getting rain in the build up, and then more rain during then it *could* quite easily be a repeat of 2016. 

But also, we *could* have seen the worst of it and it we may get some sunny days during the fest and it could all be lovely.

If we get 2016 levels of rain, then yes it could be like 2016.

But right now the ground is nowhere near as saturated - not even close.

1 minute ago, rosieangel said:

We’ve reached that stage where all my non-obsessive friends are asking me for updates from the weather thread ?

0CE5ACCB-5D08-4CEA-B4C0-4CF297B23C0B.jpeg

Someone wise once pointed out that every time you see a clickbait headline phrased as a question, the answer, always and universally, is No. Glad to see the rule still holds.