The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

RIGHT... back to Two Weather The previous link was for Shepton Mallet, this one is when you put in the post code for Worth Farm... these is a HUGE positive difference. 

I think I need to leave this alone until closer to the event, it's not good for me... I will not be able to resist checking again in the next few days, hours, minutes.... 

5 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

From netweather. It’s time we accept the inevitable and plan accordingly  -“no hope” & “further deluges”

my lord, what a shocking state of runs. It really is a case of no hope for the foreseeable future with the UK continuing to be a giant trough magnet pulling in LP from almost any direction and Greenland being a High pressure magnet.
After next weeks warm day and improving 'blip' it looks like it could get more cool and unsettled with strong height rises towards Greenland once more while ridging across SE and Central Europe, so plenty more scope for further deluges to add to the wettest June on record.

If this run comes off it will take us into closing days of June and into July and by then we'll be in the highest part of Summer and still waiting for Summer to start. Hopefully July will offer the improvement we all crave for but im not holding my breath for that.

No point picking out posts from the 3-4 ultra negative posters on there who have already decided we are having zero summer.

2 minutes ago, Buzlightyear said:

RIGHT... back to Two Weather The previous link was for Shepton Mallet, this one is when you put in the post code for Worth Farm... these is a HUGE positive difference. 

I think I need to leave this alone until closer to the event, it's not good for me... I will not be able to resist checking again in the next few days, hours, minutes.... 

Rain every day.

Yay.

Just now, stopwn1981 said:

Surely as good a bet as any this far out? ?

I love how people take it so seriously.

2 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

if you are worried about the weather 

then you shouldn't have gotten a ticket

it's a UK festival , the chances are it will be wet, get over it , had some of the best years during wet years

Then why are you looking at the weather thread with 2 weeks until gates open??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This. 100 times - this.

People just enjoy freaking out in the weather thread, it's part of the tradition- are we meant to be all serious, sensible and 'positive' for the entire run up? It would make for a very boring thread.

10 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

From netweather. It’s time we accept the inevitable and plan accordingly  -“no hope” & “further deluges”

my lord, what a shocking state of runs. It really is a case of no hope for the foreseeable future with the UK continuing to be a giant trough magnet pulling in LP from almost any direction and Greenland being a High pressure magnet.
After next weeks warm day and improving 'blip' it looks like it could get more cool and unsettled with strong height rises towards Greenland once more while ridging across SE and Central Europe, so plenty more scope for further deluges to add to the wettest June on record.

If this run comes off it will take us into closing days of June and into July and by then we'll be in the highest part of Summer and still waiting for Summer to start. Hopefully July will offer the improvement we all crave for but im not holding my breath for that.

And then the replies to this are as follows:

"I am interested in the charts you are using to justify the comment" strong height rises towards Greenland once more" because this is the EPS take on it TIA "

"Oh my Lord, another overreaction to the model output, yes the 00z's aren't anything to write home about but they aren't awful either....

For England and Wales, sunshine and showers sums up the weekend, turning lighter and less frequent by Monday. Dry Tuesday, thunderstorms Wednesday, scattered showers Thursday, most areas sunny on Friday and fine for most of Saturday till some rain from France moves north later.

Anything after 7 or so days in Summer should be taken with a pinch of salt which takes us into the last 10 days of June? "

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I dont want it too hot, but you just deal with it if it is.

My favourite people are those who are pissed wet through who shelter under vendors to escape the rain. Just enjoy yourselves. 

Glastonbury is gunna cost me close to £700 all in. Im enjoying myself no matter what

This.

I've seen you post in a few threads that the heat affects you badly which I get.

I'm at the other end of the scale. I love the sun and will find it incredibly tough if im stood in the rain all day.

But i'll deal with it.

• Upvote 1

I'm sick of reading this thread now but I can't help myself.  I don't care if the weather is shit in 2 weeks time, I have got a coat to keep me warm, waterproofs to keep me dry and cider to get pissed.  It's the best place on Earth; rain, shine or mud.

Still going to be praying to the sun Gods though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Rain every day.

Yay.

I love how people take it so seriously.

Yes rain every day, which is not good, or wanted, but there is a lot less of it... 

Plus, it shows how different the forecast can be for both locations, and to be that precise and that far ahead is weird, and wrong. 

1 minute ago, briddj said:

And then the replies to this are as follows:

"I am interested in the charts you are using to justify the comment" strong height rises towards Greenland once more" because this is the EPS take on it TIA "

"Oh my Lord, another overreaction to the model output, yes the 00z's aren't anything to write home about but they aren't awful either....

For England and Wales, sunshine and showers sums up the weekend, turning lighter and less frequent by Monday. Dry Tuesday, thunderstorms Wednesday, scattered showers Thursday, most areas sunny on Friday and fine for most of Saturday till some rain from France moves north later.

Anything after 7 or so days in Summer should be taken with a pinch of salt which takes us into the last 10 days of June? "

Wow, that's as close as it gets to actual handbags on the netweather forum.

I think the important thing at the moment is that there isn't as much rain forecast for the next 7 days so there's a reasonable chance the site can dry a little.

I'd say leave worrying about the festival weather until next week but we all know that is an impossible ask.

5 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

if you are worried about the weather 

then you shouldn't have gotten a ticket

it's a UK festival , the chances are it will be wet, get over it , had some of the best years during wet years

Agree with you but not the way you put it. 

We ALL KNOW ABOUT THE BRITISH WEATHER old son.. Its not a matter of getting over it its just like 99.9% of people in the world.... When they go on holiday or to a festival or just a day out you want the weather to be nice init 

Fuck the rain..BUT.. Glastonbury festival can be a nightmare for some people in the big M.. Me personally I don't like it cos in 2009 I slipped and got a spiral fracture on my ankle which has never healed properly.. 

Also the vibe at Glastonbury...... Fuck you can't beat the vibe when the sun is shining and you can sit down anywhere you like listening to music and yakking with friends 

Yet even when it's bad there's a certain we're going to have what ever the weather vibe so that's cool as well.... But in my humble opinion a NICE SUNNY WEEKEND is better than what we have in store if it stays like this... 

So it's not a matter of getting over it its a matter if we need to of getting ON with it old son.. 

But come on the sun... Yea we still have time 

• Upvote 5