The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

20 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Hooray!  The downside is that there's now more rain forecast over the festival itself on metcheck (9.8mm from weds-sun) and accuweather is painting a similar picture (8mm).  It's not  ideal  but depending on how much rain we get in the run up, should be manageable.

Then again, if we get that Azores finger giving us a good poke, we may very well have a completely dry one

The Netweather geeks suggest "a steady warming trend, between now and mid-week, followed by a few days' cooling and then it's Fantasy Island" so ignore what you're seeing now for the festival.

Just now, richy24 said:

Jesus - Why did you make me look at that!

They predicted a heatwave the other way (which was correct) so I'm assuming they are taking the outliers of the runs and having a good ol' troll.

The Norwegian's are also doing their best to troll us - https://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~7292387/long.html with 43.mm of rain forecast over the next 7 days but we have already established that they are not to be trusted.

25 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I see bits of rain are starting to creep in on the BBC forecast, in particular all day Sunday 23rd and 6/7am on the Wednesday morning of the festival :mellow:

20% chance of rain where its shown. It does feel like the general trend is moving towards more wetter festival. Argh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think I've said this before but in my first few years of Glastonbury (2008-2014) it always rained on the Thursday. I think that pattern has only recently been broken. And bar late 2009 the Sunday is always hot and sunny.

Yep, even going back to 2004 & 2005- the rough average of glastonbury weather has been sunny & dry on Wednesday, rain Thursday/friday, sunny sunday. However there have been exceptions (2007, 2011, 2016), though we may have just jinxed it by mentioning it!

2 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

I'm starting to think we could be heeding for one of the wettest festivals ever. I really hope not but it's not looking good now. 

Calm down, dear. No one knows anything beyond next Friday. Nothing.

Edited by briddj

9 minutes ago, tumbles said:

20% chance of rain where its shown. It does feel like the general trend is moving towards more wetter festival. Argh. 

Everyone is predicting a lot of rain between now and the festival and now rain is creeping into festival week forecasts.

Like, a lot of rain. 

Have a look at this shitshow.

15mmskh.png

12 minutes ago, briddj said:

The Netweather geeks suggest "a steady warming trend, between now and mid-week, followed by a few days' cooling and then it's Fantasy Island" so ignore what you're seeing now for the festival.

Indeed.  And so far it seems that the weather the site actually experiences is nowhere near as bad as what was forecast.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Everyone is predicting a lot of rain between now and the festival and now rain is creeping into festival week forecasts.

Like, a lot of rain. 

15mmskh.png

I'm convinced that you work for The Weather Outlook.  

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Like, a lot of rain. 

15mmskh.png

It's basically a s*** sandwich of rain- waterlogs the site on Tuesday, creating travel and arrival chaos, drowns all those poor souls queuing Tuesday night, then results in maximum churnage from everyone walking to set up their tents on the Wednesday ,  a scattering of rain through the next two days to stop it drying out then a further monsoon on the Friday, rendering the entire site no longer habitable for all life on earth.

better hope they've just devised that for clicks!

From netweather. It’s time we accept the inevitable and plan accordingly  -“no hope” & “further deluges”

my lord, what a shocking state of runs. It really is a case of no hope for the foreseeable future with the UK continuing to be a giant trough magnet pulling in LP from almost any direction and Greenland being a High pressure magnet.
After next weeks warm day and improving 'blip' it looks like it could get more cool and unsettled with strong height rises towards Greenland once more while ridging across SE and Central Europe, so plenty more scope for further deluges to add to the wettest June on record.

If this run comes off it will take us into closing days of June and into July and by then we'll be in the highest part of Summer and still waiting for Summer to start. Hopefully July will offer the improvement we all crave for but im not holding my breath for that.

11 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

I'm starting to think we could be heeding for one of the wettest festivals ever. I really hope not but it's not looking good now. 

Revellers arriving at the carparks on Tuesday:

Waterworld-1995-featured.jpg?w=1200&ssl=