The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

42 minutes ago, Charm said:

All I’m hoping for right now is no rain when I’m in the queue and when I’m putting up my tent, don’t really care what happens after that.

Charm x

Can't help but feel negative today absolutely hammering down in Bristol no wind just wet stuff coming straight down with no signs of letting up.

I'm totally prepping for the worst and hoping for the best but if I can get on site and set my tent up in the dry i'll take it at the moment. After that the rest will just be all part of the Glastonbury adventure 2019!

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Norwegians have 16.5mm of rain between now and Sunday week, falling over the course of 5/6 of those days. Is that something to be concerned about? I know we had persistent rain in the build up to 2016, but is 16.5mm the same sort of level? 

Normal for June is ~50mm for the month, so over ten days, normal would be...

~16.5mm.  Nothing to worry about!

Two Weather w*nkers

Yesterday on this weather site it was going to be baking, today.... well, I guess it is better not to look.... To early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, really is....... 

Bugger... ?

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/16days.asp?zipcode=Shepton+Mallet&locationID=56888&lat=51.2&lon=-2.5

All the apocalyptic pink and purple has vanished! Everything is fine.

That reckons that there is a 95% chance that it is raining there now and the rest of the day and it's currently not so I think they know f*ck all anyway. 

4 minutes ago, dccool said:

Can't help but feel negative today absolutely hammering down in Bristol no wind just wet stuff coming straight down with no signs of letting up.

I'm totally prepping for the worst and hoping for the best but if I can get on site and set my tent up in the dry i'll take it at the moment. After that the rest will just be all part of the Glastonbury adventure 2019!

Unlucky. 

OK in Pilton! 

Screenshot_20190614-093120.png

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/16days.asp?zipcode=Shepton+Mallet&locationID=56888&lat=51.2&lon=-2.5

All the apocalyptic pink and purple has vanished! Everything is fine.

Hooray!  The downside is that there's now more rain forecast over the festival itself on metcheck (9.8mm from weds-sun) and accuweather is painting a similar picture (8mm).  It's not  ideal  but depending on how much rain we get in the run up, should be manageable.

Then again, if we get that Azores finger giving us a good poke, we may very well have a completely dry one

4 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I see bits of rain are starting to creep in on the BBC forecast, in particular all day Sunday 23rd and 6/7am on the Wednesday morning of the festival :mellow:

Apart from a little light rain on the Sunday morning, it is dry from Friday 21st. If that is accurate then we will be absolutely fine. Definitely take that ?

3 minutes ago, dccool said:

I’ve been prepping for the worst too and bought myself a new poncho today, so excited now and weather can’t spoil that feeling.  

Charm x

Ah, the weather thread. Where I desperately cling on to every positive forecast and disregard the negatives.

Then I remember it's all complete tosh as the forecasts can't even accurately reflect what's happening right the fuck now!

AccuWeather for Bristol right now says "light rain"

Reality: absolutely pissing it down. What chance a correct forecast for 10 days time if they can't even get right now right?

15 minutes ago, Buzlightyear said:

Two Weather w*nkers

Yesterday on this weather site it was going to be baking, today.... well, I guess it is better not to look.... To early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, to early to know, really is....... 

Bugger... ?

Although according to that the next week looks great and would dry it all out at least ?

18 minutes ago, Buzlightyear said:

Two Weather w*nkers

Bugger... ?

Jesus - Why did you make me look at that!