The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It was sunny on Saturday and Sunday, but the mud only really started to dry up late Sunday I think.

Also the mud was the type that's great to dance in! We had a good old session at Arcadia around 6pm on the Saturday, mud everywhere, but great, dancey mud, rather than dangerous slippy mud or that horrid sticky stuff

Hopefully it's too early to be bargaining with the weather gods about mud type....best not to put our cards kn the table too early! :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Definitive recent years weather ranking:

2017 > 2013 > 2015 > 2014 > 2016

This seems bang on to me. Extending it to all the years I've been:

2010 > 2017 > 2013 > 2015 > 2008 > 2009 > 2014 > 2011

I struggle to remember much of 2008 and 2009 now though. 2011 wasn't awful throughout by any means but that Friday was just such grim times.

13 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

It's funny, I totally don't remember 2014 being bad. I remember a couple of showers, but lots of sun as well. Maybe I was too battered the whole time to notice it being bad. 

It had some absolutely torrential rain, some of the heaviest I’ve seen at Glasto in eight visits. They even took the bands off the Pyramid at one stage. 

Tbf, it wasn’t like this every day though. 

3 minutes ago, Glastocat said:

It had some absolutely torrential rain, some of the heaviest I’ve seen at Glasto in eight visits. They even took the bands off the Pyramid at one stage. 

Tbf, it wasn’t like this every day though. 

This was the thunderstorms closing the pyramid stage year wasn’t it?  

36 minutes ago, Lycra said:

The editors will do anything to sell their newspapers. A month ago the headlines were "3 month heatwave. Now it's "Drownload", "Odds on wettest ever summer fall" and "Summer may already be over"    ?

No wonder I stopped buying newspapers years ago!

image.png.ab31141b38a4bb81c090b7c5c10ce25b.png

Morning everyone. Reporting for duty. Again.

I just cannot believe I am bothering to read things like this on Netweather thinking I know what I'm doing: "The overall NH profile in the 5-10 range is pretty much as expected with now little sign of the block and couple of quite intense vortex lobes."

• Like 1

Just now, briddj said:

I just cannot believe I am bothering to read things like this on Netweather thinking I know what I'm doing: "The overall NH profile in the 5-10 range is pretty much as expected with now little sign of the block and couple of quite intense vortex lobes."

Vortex lobes! What stage are they playing?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, briddj said:

Which means?

15 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

This was the thunderstorms closing the pyramid stage year wasn’t it?  

Yes. 

It was extremely heavy rain for a hour or so though. A couple of mates just had raincoats and no poncho, they were soaked through in minutes (or drawked) if from round my way. 

Update on the latest general consensuses anyway. It seems the better weather is now locked in for next week, with the chance of rain (possibly heavy) only on Wednesday. So a good chance for extensive drying.

There's talk of a continuing NW/SE split - which means the south of the country (especially SE) is going to be warmer and dryer than the north west. It means Glasto will probably have around average temperatures next week.

Still absolutely zero confidence beyond next Friday, though. Any forecast you see is pure witchcraft and we remain on a knife edge.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've said before that I would 2014 again. From memory it was glorious on the Wednesday, maybe a bit of rain on Thursday (?) And a big thunderstorm Friday. None of the rain events lasted all day, though, but the site definitely got muddy. I remember because we camped in Darble and one mate had a bad back which made the walk home a real slog each night. It was sunny on Saturday and Sunday, but the mud only really started to dry up late Sunday I think. A great year for me, not without its challenges, but I would so take it over cold and rain all weekend. I just don't want a day like Friday 2011.

2014 sucked because rain kept coming back for me.   2013 a fair trade off. 

2 minutes ago, Glastocat said:

Yes. 

It was extremely heavy rain for a hour or so though. A couple of mates just had raincoats and no poncho, they were soaked through in minutes (or drawked) if from round my way. 

It was the size of the hailstones, everyone dodging for saftey luickly we had a kind couple in a large tent let us take refuge in their tent.