The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

13 minutes ago, Steveod38 said:

This is killing me , not that’s is too relevant buts is bloody freezing and miserable in Dublin. Fleetwood Mac on outdoors tonight and it looks like it’s happening in October. 

Of all the forecasts , is there a view or any evidence on the most reliable 

Nothing is reliable this far out. That's why every forecast says something different depending on the mix of models used. 

• Like 1

We’re at that annoying point of the build up where we’re close enough that the festival is starting to come into range of the two week forecast on most apps but still too far for it to be even remotely reliable. 

So near yet so far... 13 more sleeps ?

The worries seem to be Wednesday 19/6 and Monday 24/6 on most forecasts. (expect the one a few posts above, That one is hopefully the truth!)

Today is a big day for my weather based mental state. If the farm deals with that rain yesterday and dries right up then i'll be feeling good. If the surface water hangs around, then i'll start to worry about what effect these days will have, especially the 24/6.

Edited by Gregfc15
added a sentence

That’s it. I’m at the plea bargaining stage where I’m bargaining with our environment.

I’ll take ‘OK’.

A few showers, doesn’t have to be dead warm. At a push I’d take mud if it was dry and sunny and not actually raining on us.

Currently at "just don't rain too heavily pre festival and then take a few showers  / 1 rainy day when we're there".

Pleeeeeeeease

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

That’s it. I’m at the plea bargaining stage where I’m bargaining with our environment.

I’ll take ‘OK’.

A few showers, doesn’t have to be dead warm. At a push I’d take mud if it was dry and sunny and not actually raining on us.

Currently at "just don't rain too heavily pre festival and then take a few showers  / 1 rainy day when we're there".

Pleeeeeeeease

What? Like this? 

prcpSomerset.png

44 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’ll take ‘OK’.

Pleeeeeeeease

Yeh me too, I'm totally fine with ok.

I'd be even happy with a 2014....boots and wellies necessary, and a *bit* of rain Friday. Mud on a 2014 scale is absolutely fine, but just don't want to be rained on. Please, thank you kind weather gods xx

11 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh me too, I'm totally fine with ok.

I'd be even happy with a 2014....boots and wellies necessary, and a *bit* of rain Friday. Mud on a 2014 scale is absolutely fine, but just don't want to be rained on. Please, thank you kind weather gods xx

It's funny, I totally don't remember 2014 being bad. I remember a couple of showers, but lots of sun as well. Maybe I was too battered the whole time to notice it being bad. 

10 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

It's funny, I totally don't remember 2014 being bad. I remember a couple of showers, but lots of sun as well. Maybe I was too battered the whole time to notice it being bad. 

It was my first one, and at the time I thought it was fine too...I had some pretty woeful comparisons though (some very wet and horrible experiences at Global Gathering, Glade and Gatecrasher between 2007-2009). I remember the following week saying to my friend that I was glad that the weather had been good and she was like "wwwhaat?? It was awful". Fortunately for her, she didn't go in 2016!

I think if you were to rank all the Glastonburys since 2007, it would probably be bottom five, but I would take it for sure ? Even if the rain did actually close a stage down at one point!

Edited by Sasperella

I've said before that I would 2014 again. From memory it was glorious on the Wednesday, maybe a bit of rain on Thursday (?) And a big thunderstorm Friday. None of the rain events lasted all day, though, but the site definitely got muddy. I remember because we camped in Darble and one mate had a bad back which made the walk home a real slog each night. It was sunny on Saturday and Sunday, but the mud only really started to dry up late Sunday I think. A great year for me, not without its challenges, but I would so take it over cold and rain all weekend. I just don't want a day like Friday 2011.

The editors will do anything to sell their newspapers. A month ago the headlines were "3 month heatwave. Now it's "Drownload", "Odds on wettest ever summer fall" and "Summer may already be over"    ?

No wonder I stopped buying newspapers years ago!

• Upvote 1