The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

I'm hopeful for a positive meteorological outcome & know that I've still had great fun in my muddy / wet years ('07 & '16).

That said, I can't help my innate britishness and find myself thinking about the "80 days of rain" event that afflicted the country in the latest Year & Years episode.

Whilst that's unlikely (yes?) for this year, climate change could well deliver summers like that in the not-too-distant future - if we reach that point could that spell the end of the festival season as we know it? 

If there was greater likelihood of deluge every year who would still commit to their favourite open air festivals year after year?

11 minutes ago, Buzlightyear said:

Two Weather forecast

Still too early, but I'm happy seeing this... 8 - 16 days....

8 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Inject this straight into my veins, no kissing

Where's the romance?  I'm taking this forecast out for a candlelit dinner and a slow walk on a moonlit beach

MET forecast showing sunshine tomorrow afternoon for the site so it should dry up this deluge or at least part of it. Starts to warm up again leading into next week too. Current forecast for next week showing sunny intervals too so more than enough time to clear up in time for us arriving. 

2 hours ago, gordong said:

iPhone weather will show the rain symbol if there is any possibility of any rain throughout the day. I.e. 30% chance of rain between 5am - 8am = rain symbol for entire day. 

in my experience iPhone weather 'man' looks out of the window and posts that as the weather for the next 10 days 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Even in 2016 there was no mud on Hitchin Hill. Just a small path with a little mud from the route people walked out from the campsite on.

Are you feeling OK?

Sure you meant to say it was like the devil's arsecrack on a sweaty night or something to that effect.

It's looking very unlikely there is going to be anything like a real spell of warmth like was suggested in recent charts.

Hopefully that's wrong, but I don't think we are going to shake disappointing June in two weeks.

Fuck sake, Wimbledon88 has REALLY got to me.

1 minute ago, briddj said:

It's looking very unlikely there is going to be anything like a real spell of warmth like was suggested in recent charts.

Hopefully that's wrong, but I don't think we are going to shake disappointing June in two weeks.

This is the UK. Changeable weather is what we do.

Come on, we've got this! 

2 minutes ago, briddj said:

A lot less rain tho