The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

12 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Is guaranteed roasting hot weather. I spent £75 that I dont have on new boots. I'll be in trainers all weekend.

Aye, just done this as well. 

Everyone go and buy expensive walking gear and rain coats so we can guarantee dry and hot weather!

Soggy in North Somerset this morning but actually now just light drizzle.  Fair to say we've had good whack overnight. 

Looking on rain today the worst storms/rain still up in the north.  We have really dodged one so far. 

Edited by tumbles

21 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Fuck that. 2017 wednesday was awful. Nearly passed out twice. 

My glasto virgin mate (despite me warning him) turned up on the Wed morning in a jumper and black skinny jeans.. He's also a sweaty guy. He was otters than an otters pocket by 9am. 

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

I reckon it could be where @russycarpshas gone. 

I miss that misanthropic orangutan. 

Me too. I thought he was making a triumphant return but yet to see it. Pretty sure that Russy got tickets but we shall see if we are graced by someone being called a c**t 

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Aye, just done this as well. 

Everyone go and buy expensive walking gear and rain coats so we can guarantee dry and hot weather!

Got some new boots due tomorrow (really didn’t need them) and even got some of those zip off hiking trousers despite always preaching shorts. 

22 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Yep truly grim up north but happy to take the brunt of it for the greater good. 

Same! The weather in Newcastle is vile today. 

Caved and bought breakdown cover for my ancient car in the fear it'll finally give up on me in the rain. Hopefully it's 100 quid wasted and my drive down south will be perfectly sunny.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Please god no heatwave. 

A large part of festivals is getting off my face. I cant do it in the heat. I spend my money to not have to look after myself. 2010 was very very tough. The only one I didnt truely love. 

A heatwave can do one. 

Yep same. There's nowhere to hide when it's a hot one- 2010 was HARD.

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Next Wednesday will turn the place to complete shit

https://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~7292387/long.html

and it's pretty much completely dry after that so there's a good chance it will dry out if that rain materialises.

Weren't the previous forecasts from yr.no much worse? It does look like the overall trend is improving so we may just get away with it

16 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Those two spikes later on the precipitation ensemble don't look good though.  I had thought/hoped that they were an anomaly in the previous run and would never be seen again but it's making me want to call over the dog giving the side eye.

EDIT - As was pointed out by @majormajormajor this chart was for Bedfordshire. It turns out there's people who are interested in the weather in places other than Glastonbury?  I don't get it.  How very odd.

image.png.37a13f343513f256b6bed7523440c88c.png

Edited by Kinkyinuit
I need to learn to read

14 hours ago, Fishman said:

No rain during the actual festival in 97. 98, however ...

Yes I agree...97 was my first Glasto, thought it cant be as bad again so rocked up in 98...don't think it stopped raining from start to finish that year

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Fuck that. 2017 wednesday was awful. Nearly passed out twice. 

Had it stayed like that until Sunday I reckon nearly half would have left either by choice or medical reasons. That Weds was insane. I'd take it again though if I knew we'd get that lovely breezy but warm Thursday!

3 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Those two spikes later on the precipitation ensemble don't look good though.  I had thought/hoped that they were an anomaly in the previous run and would never be seen again but it's making me want to call over the dog giving the side eye.

But I'm still sure they are outliers and there's no reason to be concerned. 

image.png.37a13f343513f256b6bed7523440c88c.png

I'm happy for it to piss it down in Bedfordshire.