The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

2 hours ago, Titters said:

Hello all. 

I've updated the table to reflect we're officially within two weeks of gates opening... 

In short. Unsurprisingly, the past week has been very wet compared to previous years. But 2017, 2014 and 2010 had pretty wet weeks this far out from the festival and all was well come festival Wednesday. 

All will be well!!

Fest.jpg

Or in other words... in any year we've had over 15mm of rain three weeks out (2009, 2010, 2014, 2017) it's been absolutely fine. There... is... a pattern?

I got married in 2010 just before Glastonbury and I can remember having serious concerns in the weeks leading to the wedding & the festival. To be fair I was willing to sacrifice my wedding for the festival and it did rain on the day I got married but not all day.

The day before I got married I remember being torrential. During the weeks before I got married I can remember repeating the phrase - ‘This weather is really scaring me now!’

The we had 2010 - it was amazing. No one knows how this thing goes.

3 minutes ago, amfy said:

I got married in 2010 just before Glastonbury and I can remember having serious concerns in the weeks leading to the wedding & the festival. To be fair I was willing to sacrifice my wedding for the festival and it did rain on the day I got married but not all day.

The day before I got married I remember being torrential. During the weeks before I got married I can remember repeating the phrase - ‘This weather is really scaring me now!’

The we had 2010 - it was amazing. No one knows how this thing goes.

Time to renew your vows?

8 hours ago, briddj said:

My God the Wimbledon88 guy on Netweather is a fucking depressive. Everyone is positive and then he strolls in with his bloody doom as usual. 

Doooooooooooom. 

8 hours ago, barkley87 said:

Is he @The Nal

I reckon it could be where @russycarpshas gone. 

I miss that misanthropic orangutan. 

• Upvote 2

"The bad news is the 00z GFS Ops fails to build any sort of pressure through the middle part of next week allowing some quite active frontal activity across the UK giving again some pretty wet conditions at times however the really good news is that it looks as though it’s in the bottom quintile of the ensembles. So yes next week certainly looking less bad and hopefully some drier, brighter and warmer conditions on the way if still mostly cloudy at times... "