The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

51 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I am looking at settled weather patterns from Tuesday 18th onwards. What are you seeing that I am not or dare I not ask?

The initial comments from the Netweather geeks were not positive. A lesson that it's always best to wait for the sensible posters on there to look at the charts!

13 hours ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Update from the Netweather forums....

5 minutes ago,  mb018538 said: 

Was just going to post the same. The last couple of days have shown it decaying by day 10, tonight it’s still very much there by day 9. One to watch....if it doesn’t shift then we won’t get too far.

This is from the model that’s already the best and had a big upgrade today, really not what we were all hoping for.....GFS clearly a massive outlier and the outliers being driven by a tendency to break down the northerly blocking. Bit of a horrid rut summer 2019 appears to be stuck in....

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Overnight runs not good for the middle of next week. Going to be touch and go this. 

Looking really really bad. Time to start panicking. We're looking at 2007 basically. Low pressure and wet.

15 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Be fine i that BBC forecast is accurate, temperatures over 20 pretty much every day as well

I’ve been following the bbc weather for a while now, it’s actually been a bit pessimistic about pilton recently but that’s not been borne out by our local reporters on the ground!  Bbc shows temps into low twenties and light cloud till25th. So o prospect of anything bad that would cause serious mud.  Yet! 

• Upvote 1

I thought 2016 was really bad.

Seemed to take a lot longer to get about the site with the mud, traffic was heavier everywhere. Summed things up when we were undecided where to go Sunday night, took us a good hour or so to get over to the naughty corner, only for them to close it off right in front of us due to reaching capacity and the state of the ground being a bit tricky.

Headed up to stone circle Sunday morning where we ritually end our festival, and it was like a scene from saving private Ryan.

Total opposite to 15 and 17 being able to put your feet up and appreciate the sunrise over stone circle, spirits high and reflecting on the week just passed. Rather a case of screw this let’s get back to the tent.

Being able to chill wherever you want at a dry Glastonbury is a major standout to me. Hopefully we’re in luck and we get dry grounds, mostly dry weather and a bit of sunshine to lighten the moods.

My husband uses a wheelchair. 2016 was pretty horrific, interspersed with a few truly wonderful moments, including being inundated with offers of help. Not sure I'd want to do it again but we know it wouldn't be the end of the world if we had a repeat! I'm optimistic about this year - currently researching a new mattress to combat the hard ground ?

• Like 1

Thunderstorms aren’t necessarily all that bad provided it’s not like 2005.      I expect all the wood chip in the country is on standby. 

The main drag about muddy ones is the pain in the ass that is getting about, especially late at night when everyone is heading SW.  The more that’s happening in other places on the site later on the better. 

AccuWeather has an annoying tendency of using bad looking rain clouds to represent tiny amounts of rain. Check this out: 

F05C5FEF-090F-4762-B203-DFED63392D1C.thumb.jpeg.bac4022d01e4910884088874c06d8e7c.jpeg

Doesn’t look good on that Friday, does it? That nasty rain cloud and three bars of rain. Eek!! Except, when you click on Friday and find out more you discover they’re predicting 0.7mm of rain. That’s nothing. The current forecast is better than face value. 

D7F6EE0B-7F84-4DAF-874E-5355C82A57EC.thumb.png.ec872cdf13740abf6b709ad1dbf38a46.png

• Upvote 2