The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

14 hours ago, PaintedInSand said:

I went with a few people that 2016 was their first ever Glastonbury experience. They hated it and will never be back. It's a shame. It was awful.

I also vowed I can't do this shit anymore.... But here I am! And I can't wait!

2016 was my best mates first ever festival and she said she expected it to be much worse and had a great time, people are funny.

Charm x

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Smashing pic, but is Oxlyers second only to Cineramaggedon in being the most misspelled Glastonbury word?!

?

Ben

Depends. Are we talking cumulative misspellings (cm) or misspellings per week (ms/w)?  Because if we're dealing with total rather than frequency, then the camping ground between Silver Hayes and Other arena has a higher cm than the recently introduced venue with the confusing booking procedure, even if it has a higher ms/w at the current time.

29 minutes ago, fuzzy_logic said:

This weather thing is real rollercoaster of emotions isn't it ? Yesterday was very positive but overnight /this morning it all seems a bit crap again. I don't think the current weather is helping the mood, it feels like February outside ???

The Beeb app still says rain for the next few days, then warm, cloudy and dry next week.

33 minutes ago, fuzzy_logic said:

This weather thing is real rollercoaster of emotions isn't it ? Yesterday was very positive but overnight /this morning it all seems a bit crap again. I don't think the current weather is helping the mood, it feels like February outside ???

February? Nah, it’s not snowing! ?

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Smashing pic, but is Oxlyers second only to Cineramaggedon in being the most misspelled Glastonbury word?!

?

Ben

In order to avoid the wrath of the grammar/spelling police (ahem that’s Ben) I simply refer to these places as “that big campsite beside the Other stage” and “the place with cars that shows movies” and blame old age for my apparent forgetfulness.

(Double checks post for spelling and grammar mistakes before hitting submit).

(Paranoid that “stage” might need a capital as well).

All is not lost according to the lovely folks over on Netweather

ECM is decent this morning - a hiccup as the low passes through, but pressure rebuilding from the SW, while falling to the N and NW around the Greenland area.

Just now, Tranquility of Solitude said:

In order to avoid the wrath of the grammar/spelling police (ahem that’s Ben) I simply refer to these places as “that big campsite beside the Other stage” and “the place with cars that shows movies” and blame old age for my apparent forgetfulness.

(Double checks post for spelling and grammar mistakes before hitting submit).

(Paranoid that “stage” might need a capital as well).

It does.

2/10

See me.

Ben

What in a name of Michael is this?! I gave in and put he heating on this morning. In mid June ?‍♀️ If it carries on I’m definitely swapping pyjamas for thick dinosaur onesie. Not ideal as it’ll take up quite significant space in my bagpack.

52 minutes ago, fuzzy_logic said:

I wish it felt like February outside. February was glorious in comparison to this shitshow. I had to bring water for my dogs on our walks in February. At the moment there are natures waterbowls everywhere!!

Low percentages, and even then only talking about 1 or 2 mm with a high of 4mm

For reference, i don't think the BOM in Australia statistically count it as a rain day unless its 2mm as anything less is unlikely to impact activities. Anything under 2.5 is classified as light

I'm definitely not as worried as many on here.

Edited by Gregfc15

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I wish it felt like February outside. February was glorious in comparison to this shitshow. I had to bring water for my dogs on our walks in February. At the moment there are natures waterbowls everywhere!!

Your right February was decent, but you get my gist 

59 minutes ago, fuzzy_logic said:

My thoughts exactly. My mood is now reflecting the latest update on this thread! Really need to stay off it as I have already been rude to 2 people in office for no reason.