The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

24 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Mates over on NetWeather are a bit more positive today. Even though a lot of what they post seems to be in a foreign language to me! looks like a bit of agreement in the models that we'll see an improvement next week....

It's because a lot prefer to moan and actually enjoy it. Watch a lot of people disappear from this thread as soon as things improve. And yes you're right, that's the best GFS run for quite some time. Nothing outstanding but temps would rise to average and then slightly above, for the southern half of the UK at least:

GFSOPEU12_186_1.png

Perhaps one of the most promising signs though, is pressure gradually lowering over Greenland. With high pressure building to our east it's certainly a recipe for something a lot warmer for the second half of the month.

Now not being a meteorologist I don’t know if that’s a Spanish Plume or an Azores Finger but I’ll take it.

Being a fisherman and taking an active interest In the weather anyway. 

Low pressure systems gonna dominant this week (cause of jet stream location)

it never dominates for long. Said to my misses id rather this ‘change in the jet stream’ happened now so high pressure and jet stream north of england has a chance to take hold again 

Edited by Robv30

" 12Z GEFS ensembles are again suggestive of a warming trend: "

"ECM isn’t bad either. Not as settled as the 00z, but that’s irrelevant. The pattern change is still there....could we finally be shifting this godawful pattern at long last?! "

"There is growing support for the pattern change, if the jet then heads north like some are suggesting will happen, we could have a warm / very warm final third of June. "

13 minutes ago, briddj said:

" 12Z GEFS ensembles are again suggestive of a warming trend: "

"ECM isn’t bad either. Not as settled as the 00z, but that’s irrelevant. The pattern change is still there....could we finally be shifting this godawful pattern at long last?! "

"There is growing support for the pattern change, if the jet then heads north like some are suggesting will happen, we could have a warm / very warm final third of June. "

Please weather gods... NO. I want to be able to get off my face. I dont want heat stroke. I get sunburn in cloud, so thats a given anyway.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop