The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'd say 2013 is more best case scenario, like last year. Was looking for an example in the middle.

2014 wasn't that bad, was it? It did get pretty muddy but not 2016 levels.

Thunderstorm aside it was ok, just seemed we kept having random downpours throughout the weekend. Seem to recall a few sat or sunday that weren't even forecast. 

I remember a couple of weeks ago it hammered it down for a solid couple of days, and the ground dried up within 24 hours. I was planning to mow the lawn and thought it would be a write off for a few days, but it recovered very quickly.

We're still three weeks away so I wouldn't start to get concerned at the amount of rain until at least this time next week. If we have a good 3-4 days of dry weather before gates open, then a decent forecast over the festival, it'll be fine. As CalGon said, just be thankful it's not this weekend.

8 days of rain forcast on Wunderground is not good... depends how much rain though. Hopefully just little showers... 

The weather is absolute dogshit this year... its June and we have temps of like 15 degrees C... wtf?? Im moving abroad ha

2 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

I figure the more it rains now, the less chance there is over the festival. 

I tend to feel the same. If it was lovely and hot now I'd be thinking it'll never last.

31 minutes ago, briddj said:

People really, really, really need to calm down. ALL the moisture will have gone after this.

image.png.ca5295721006cb8e74bf887d78f99768.png

We can dream.... but we know any forecast over 10 days ahead is always a complete guess. Hell lets be honest anything over a 4 ish days is a complete guess. 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

We can dream.... but we know any forecast over 10 days ahead is always a complete guess. Hell lets be honest anything over a 4 ish days is a complete guess. 

No. Only bad forecasts are a complete guess.

The good ones are based on sound science.

• Upvote 1

just for fun, I've made a very unscientific rain meter and stuck it outside at work. current line is the start level, I put it outside at 11:46. Will check hourly if I remember :D

Graduations are in 5xmm, so if the level gets to the next long line, that 10mm of rain.

rain.jpg

1 minute ago, paulshane said:

just for fun, I've made a very unscientific rain meter and stuck it outside at work. current line is the start level, I put it outside at 11:46. Will check hourly if I remember :D

Graduations are in 5xmm, so if the level gets to the next long line, that 10mm of rain.

rain.jpg

Where in the country do you work?

1 minute ago, briddj said:

No. Only bad forecasts are a complete guess.

The good ones are based on sound science.

So good that they change daily.... 

Even based on good science they are a guess. The longer ahead they predict the more unreliable they are. 

Unless its apple weather and then its always wrong no matter what. :D