The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

3 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

The sun had finally come out in Glasgow...I promise I was ok with the rain staying up here! 

D14B234D-635D-4A7F-815A-791BA986173C.jpeg

I arrived in Glasgow on Monday night, and my god it's been miserable! But today the sun came out and we had some cheeky after work pints ?

Like @DareToDibble says, the current weather is what my brain thinks Glasto will be, and I've never known my mood to be so dependent on it before!

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's a big enough area that it could still miss the site.

*looks at radar*

lol. nope

If they're sensible they'll stop before it chews up, there's plenty of time left.

Lovely pics Dee, glorious time of the year to be in the countryside

12 hours ago, Sasperella said:

This morning my phone told me it would be pissing it down here in Glasgow all day too (like it has been for the last three days)... but it's actually been sunny and not wet at all! This makes me optimistic about Glastonbury for some reason

Phone weather is always a lie yet I still check it every morning. It’s like a sickness.  Happy to take the next week of rain though if it means a sunny festival! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ICGenie said:

I’m fully expecting and happy to take one for the team in Edinburgh this weekend.  Weather looking pretty horrific...

I’m in Glasgow walking to work and it’s glorious. By the time I walk home at 4 it will not be glorious.

8 hours ago, kingbadger said:

@deebeedoobee it all looks very pretty and amazing, but how's the well? Thriving just as equally we hope?

Well this morning I can see it from my office but there's no way I'm venturing out to measure.  Let's just say it's gonna be decidedly moist now and later, when I have donned my wetsuit, I'm sure the sticky stick will come up wetter than a plichard at Christmas.

1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

Well this morning I can see it from my office but there's no way I'm venturing out to measure.  Let's just say it's gonna be decidedly moist now and later, when I have donned my wetsuit, I'm sure the sticky stick will come up wetter than a plichard at Christmas.

The webcam certainly won't make for pretty viewing today...

19 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Look at the amount of rain in the next 10 days. Brings us right up to Sunday week and no signs of slowing.

The site won't recover from this. 

https://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~7292387/long.html

He's not even messing around. That is bloody horrific. The run in wasn't this bad in 2016 was it? 

3 minutes ago, Henrik said:

He's not even messing around. That is bloody horrific. The run in wasn't this bad in 2016 was it? 

I did try telling everyone yesterday that this wasn't a case of Nal being his usual self and the signs were actually worrying but got shot down :P

There's plenty of time for things to change but currently the outlook is bleak. 

Edited by JoeyT

I really can't tell whether people are genuinely concerned about a forecast that only has heavy rain on a couple of days or whether they are playing along with Nal's doom-mongering.

If that comes to pass there will be some churn during the set up so some muddy patches but it isn't going to have a major effect on the water table. So we'll still be fine if it dries up by the time the masses get on sight. Chances are that it won't be as dry as 2017 or as muddy as 2016 those are the extremes it'll probably be in the middle.

Edited by mcshed
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I really can't tell whether people are genuinely concerned about a forecast that only has heavy rain on a couple of days or whether they are playing along with Nal's doom-mongering.

If that comes to pass there will be some churn during the set up so some muddy patches but it isn't going to have a major effect on the water table. So we'll still be fine if it dries up by the time the masses get on sight. Chances are that it won't be as dry as 2017 or as muddy as 2016 those are the extremes it'll probably be in the middle.

I'd take 2014 or 2014 again. They both seem like being in the middle? 2015 was drier though.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'd take 2014 or 2014 again. They both seem like being in the middle? 2015 was drier though.

2014 was the year of the massive thunderstorm that shut everything down wasn't it? Wasn't too muddy even with that as it'd been fairly dry in the run up, precisely what we're looking at with these heavy showers next week.