The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

7 hours ago, Stocksey said:

I dont think it helps that the webcam has looked pretty gloomy all day. it just adds to that sinking feeling. Look later on when the clouds have shifted and we get a great sunset will will all be firmly in the "its going to be glorious" camp

image.thumb.png.9559fd92e890135cc4bbe605e4afdd17.png

Ask and ye shall receive

(Pic from BBC West's Facebook)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yeah... I wouldn’t look at the accuweather forecast right now ?

Aye, that is pretty shit!

However, I am taking some solace from the fact that when I check it 1-2 days ago the shit weather started on the Monday of Glasto week, and now it doesn't start until the thursday. Whereas it was going to be glorious weather from the 1st July, it's now showing storms until Tuesday the 2nd. I think given that it's bookended by sunshine, there's still everything to play for

Obviously I know fuck all about weather, but my guess is as least as good as a weather man's!

Edited by Sasperella

6 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yeah... I wouldn’t look at the accuweather forecast right now ?

I honestly don’t think it looks that bad. Pretty dry the weeks before then warm with a few thunderstorms which can be over in minutes. We’d be fiiiine. 

Accuweather has also changed about seven times since I got up today so as everyone’s been saying it means pretty much nothing. 

Lets just calm down and pray for sun. 

2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I reckon it looks OK so far. Next couple of weeks there is rain forecast but not a lot of it, only showers. Plus there's a fair bit of sun to dry it out again quickly.

Friday is going to be pretty grim. The webcam won't be for the faint hearted...

image.png.659e783daea9745e9e0510dcefaade88.png

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Things really looking awful for the next 7-10 days and not showing signs of improving currently.

I'd say we are closer to 2016 than we ever have been as the outlook stands at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I reckon it looks OK so far. Next couple of weeks there is rain forecast but not a lot of it, only showers. Plus there's a fair bit of sun to dry it out again quickly.

So which is it?! 

6 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

The norwegians are usually more optimistic, cant see that far ahead yet because obviously they know they can't call it this early. The rainfall up til end of next week looks less daunting than accuweather though

https://www.yr.no/place/united kingdom/england/pilton/long.html

Isn't that the wrong Pilton? I think you want: https://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~2640282/long.html

Just got back from a weekend in Madrid on Monday evening where it was 35 degrees, wall to wall sunshine, not a cloud in the sky and not a drop of rain. Almost forgot how shit the weather can be at home, it has been absolutely pissing down constantly for 36 hours since we got back. 

I'm 18 miles from the farm, north west ish, and while is been raining a lot over the last seven days, the ground (here at least) is still hard, so there is still hope people :) a few days of heavy rain next week shouldn't make much difference, the only side effect could be damage to the site but vehicle movement, but if it happens, it happens.

I'd take the mud over it raining day and night. Friday night at U2 was a particular low spot for me and I'm not a veteran of 2007....

If don't mind a bit of rain so long as its not all day.  2010 was a challenge for different reasons....