The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

41 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's a bit scary that this thread is finally starting to head into the period where soon, it won't be complete and utter fiction.

We're not there yet, not for a week or so. But it's coming. And in about a week, the ground conditions for the main build will be known. Eeek!

For comparison purposes...

This was the precipitation ensemble on 15th June in 2017... 

Was still a bit shaky at that stage, 10 days before the fest. 

prcpSomerset (3).png

6 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I'm sticking with this 

Screenshot_20190528-205839_Chrome.jpg

I'd take that.

I never accept the weather as having been officially confirmed until I'm on site and soaked through. Even coubtryfike have fucked me over with 3 days to go in the past. 

This doesn't stop me obsessing 3 months out however. 

21 minutes ago, justperfect said:

Seeing as I'm on a Thursday coach I'd happily take this 

My thoughts exactly, be arriving on site late Thursday afternoon. Wee bit of rain on Wednesday to assist with getting the tent pegs in at the expense of those lucky enough to be able to get there on Thursday would be a win all round. 

6 hours ago, richy24 said:

Met office latest

Wednesday 12 Jun - Wednesday 26 Jun

Whilst confidence is low throughout, the most probable trend for this period is for a relatively mixed weather picture, although overall more settled than the first part of June. This is especially the case in the north and northwest of the UK, where it is likely to be much warmer. Whilst this is likely to bring spells of dry and often sunny weather, occasional outbreaks of heavy, possibly thundery showers may develop anywhere. Late in the month, there is a possibility of more unsettled conditions returning with longer spells of rain across the UK at times, perhaps with some stronger winds. Temperatures will be near normal or warm overall for the time of year, warmest conditions most likely in the southeast.

I don’t think we should read too much into this, what it basically says is “we’re not exactly sure, so we’re just saying there could possibly be ALL the weather to cover our backs at this stage.”

edit: Just realised how ridiculous I sound suggesting that the efestivals Glastonbury chat forum shouldnt read too much into something. ?

Edited by JoBalls

9 hours ago, JoBalls said:

I don’t think we should read too much into this, what it basically says is “we’re not exactly sure, so we’re just saying there could possibly be ALL the weather to cover our backs at this stage.”

edit: Just realised how ridiculous I sound suggesting that the efestivals Glastonbury chat forum shouldnt read too much into something. ?

That's what I was thinking this morning....isn't "unsettled" just another way of admitting they don't have a scooby?

Alternatively, these hot sunny temps could just be the "average" June weather. Although maybe more like, what June is supposed to be like, rather than how it often actually is