The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Insanity to not take wellies IMO. Have always taken them regardless of the forecast a day before.

Absolutely agree, even last year if there had been a Glastonbury 2018 and the forecast had been for the three month heatwave to continue for the duration of the festival, I would STILL have taken my wellies “just in case”. 

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

It really need to warm up a bit. Its been 2-3 degrees at night here the last few days. Sod that for camping!

Yep - it gets surprisingly cold at night in a tent! 2002 I had to wrap my head in a woolly jumper to try and get warm in my sleeping bag!! Never been so cold! 

Always bring wellies/boots of choice and waterproofs, and something warm to wear at night. Although there are also plenty of places to buy jumpers/ hoodies/blankets / waterproofs etc if you need - also sun hats and sunglasses ?

46 minutes ago, sedra said:

Yep - it gets surprisingly cold at night in a tent! 2002 I had to wrap my head in a woolly jumper to try and get warm in my sleeping bag!! Never been so cold! 

Always bring wellies/boots of choice and waterproofs, and something warm to wear at night. Although there are also plenty of places to buy jumpers/ hoodies/blankets / waterproofs etc if you need - also sun hats and sunglasses ?

I upgraded to a 3 seasons sleeping bag this year, as I think the cold keeps me awake.

Just now, Phoenix Girl said:

I’ll hazard a guess that our opinions of Gav may swing back and forth somewhat in the coming weeks.

He'll just have to ride the ups and downs for a bit.

Just hoping come the last week in June we all think he's the most amazing bloke ever.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Loving the latest! 

On a side note I really struggle to remember a Sunday that hasn't had good weather in my history of the festival (since 2008, bar 2016). Am I right?

Sunday night in 2009 had some pretty nasty downpours, but I think the bulk of it may have been around or after midnight so didn't really affect most things.

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Loving the latest! 

On a side note I really struggle to remember a Sunday that hasn't had good weather in my history of the festival (since 2008, bar 2016). Am I right?

Even in the horror show that was 1998 the Sunday was a beautiful sunny warm day ☀☀☀

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Sunday night in 2009 had some pretty nasty downpours, but I think the bulk of it may have been around or after midnight so didn't really affect most things.

Ah yes I had forgotten that. Me and my mate were up all night having the time of our life in NYC Downlow so had forgotten but now I think about it I remember sheltering under a food stand umbrella a few hours earlier and the mud got bad around the SE corner.

5 minutes ago, fuzzy_logic said:

Even in the horror show that was 1998 the Sunday was a beautiful sunny warm day ☀☀☀

Turned it into some of the gloopiest mud I've ever witnessed.

Cant remember what the Sunday in 1997s horror story was like (my first glasto) but by then I'd had enough! 

Definitely think that most sundays do seem decent.

1 hour ago, dccool said:

Cant remember what the Sunday in 1997s horror story was like (my first glasto) but by then I'd had enough!

1997 had no rain at all during the main part of the festival, and by Sunday afternoon you didn't even need wellies.

That didn't stop a few morons from chucking mudballs at Sting though.

23 hours ago, Bags73 said:

^ THIS!   Suggest also bringing full waterproofs and a canoe.    Remember 2005.

Yep, my first Glasto and the weather forecast was full on sun throughout. My mate ended up with plastic bags on his feet as wellies all sold on site