The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

That's mental!! People were hiding from the sun under sandwichboards!! 

The rest of the days were bang on though ?

1 hour ago, Anarion said:

For some reason I have no trouble handling such heat. The other days were a bit too chilly and windy for my taste.

The Sunday was a glorious day of sunshine. Wasn't too hot and it was lovely. I would take a full festival of that kind of weather. 

Screenshot_20190411-130843_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190411-130835_Gallery.jpg

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Out of curiosity @The Nal, how long into the 2017 festival did you have to get before you accepted that in fact, yes, the weather was going to be glorious?

I thought it was a bit chilly for my liking (after the wednesday roaster) in 2017

Edited by Mr.Tease

1 hour ago, Anarion said:

For some reason I have no trouble handling such heat. The other days were a bit too chilly and windy for my taste.

Errrr ..... but you appear to live in Norway?!? How on earth do you cope there?

Anarion

• Anarion
  •  
  • 233 posts

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The answer is walking boots. Always. Bloody amateurs.

12 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Wellies are absolutely fine. Have done me well for nine Glastonburys and countless other festivals. And a lot cheaper than walking boots!

Kalifire is correct. Wellies are a waste of time. Walking boots is the only sensible solution.

Not sure why I'm here because I'm a sad resaler but just to say....walking boots are a waste of time at any festival. No good for dry hot weather, hot sweaty uncomfortable. No good for wet muddy weather, aren't high enough and they have laces, not a good combination with Glasto mud unless you're planning not taking them off for 5 days.

Trainers and or wellies for me, done me well in all weather's for 30 Glastos. 

Edited by Cooter
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Cooter said:

Not sure why I'm here because I'm a sad resaler but just to say....walking boots are a waste of time at any festival. No good for dry hot weather, hot sweaty uncomfortable. No good for wet muddy weather, aren't high enough and they have laces, not a good combination with Glasto mud unless you're planning not taking them off for 5 days.

Trainers and or wellies for me, done me well in all weather's for 30 years. 

100% this. But there's no convincing the hard-core walking boot crowd here!

Best thing about wellies is if it suddenly gets hot and you're sat somewhere for a bit they're off in 5 seconds.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Trainers and or wellies for me, done me well in all weather's for 30 years. 

Totally with you on this one cooter. Trainers if dry wellies if wet (decent ones I might add not cheap ones).

Anyways the weather will be superb we all know that.

Best of luck in the resales

Thanks dccool, fingers crossed.

Actually I must add, more recently I've been wearing these so not strictly wellies, yes they look a bit clumpy and smurfy but just as good as wellies and a bit more comfy, they're furry inside and easy to slip on and off. Cheap enough, surprisingly lightweight,  and they come in black also.

Take note power walkers, no laces!!

https://www.shoezone.com/Products/Earth-Works-Tan-Leather-Safety-Boots-55804

Edited by Cooter

I'm privileged to be on the crew of the Lost Horizon Sauna. We're lucky because if it's wet and miserable there'e no better place to recover than in a hot dry sauna. Conversely if it's hot and dry outside our warm showers are exactly what you need to cool off!

(Sorry for the gratuitous plug!)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

100% this. But there's no convincing the hard-core walking boot crowd here!

Best thing about wellies is if it suddenly gets hot and you're sat somewhere for a bit they're off in 5 seconds.

Yep, cos it takes 10 seconds to take boots off!

I have survived at Glastonbury in wellies AND walking boots AND converse AND flip flops. Just have footwear appropriate to the weather.

Boots are your safest all rounder, but by God if it's like 2010 then trainers are sooo much better.

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Also you're right - I never thought about the hassle of having to untie muddy laces. Yuck.

The counter to this is having a mate who wears wellies a size too small and needs assistance hauling them off at the end of the night. I would rather deal with muddy laces rather than wellies caked in mud.