Record number of people trying .

Sawdusty surfer

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

I’ve been thinking, all the slots get filled dead on the dot of 9, right? So, there’ll be no free spaces until those people have finished their transactions, right, at least 3 mins later. So it’s always dead time between 9.00 and 9.03, 9.04, and then a new wave of people get through. Does that make sense?

I guess that's how they do it , just luck of the draw at 9AM to be the lucky few that refresh bang on time 

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I’ve been thinking, all the slots get filled dead on the dot of 9, right? So, there’ll be no free spaces until those people have finished their transactions, right, at least 3 mins later. So it’s always dead time between 9.00 and 9.03, 9.04, and then a new wave of people get through. Does that make sense?

Good point, although I guess you’ll have the odds group of 2 or 3 people who might be able to whizz through in less than a couple of minutes as well. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

In theory that's right. Though with form fillers etc I'd expect the first transactions to complete within about 30 seconds (that's approximately how long it took me), and doesn't account for fuck ups of which the site has plenty.

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Has anybody ever gotten in straight at 9 tho? :D who are those lucky ones who we have to wait on from the beginning?

Edited by eyebrain

1 minute ago, incident said:

In theory that's right. Though with form fillers etc I'd expect the first transactions to complete within about 30 seconds (that's approximately how long it took me), and doesn't account for fuck ups of which the site has plenty.

Seemed to take me ages, trembling hands, brainfreeze etc when i finally got through

1 minute ago, eyebrain said:

Had anybody ever gotten in straight at 9 tho? :D who are those lucky ones who we have to wait on from the beginning?

In previous years there were people posting on this forum who'd got tickets by 08:55.

We never got a sniff until 09:15 and then two of our party got through several times..

4 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yep, that makes sense. Did you get sorted Mardy?

2 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

Has anybody ever gotten in straight at 9 tho? :D who are those lucky ones who we have to wait on from the beginning?

Terrible back of fag packet maths, but let’s say there are 135k tickets that can be bought 6 at a time and it takes 36 minutes to sell out, assuming on average each transaction takes 1 minute then about 625 people get through at 9!

• Like 1

Just now, Mardy said:

Seemed to take me ages, trembling hands, brainfreeze etc when i finally got through

Which is precisely why it's worth having all the relevant info saved in the browser ahead of time - the only time i actually touched the keyboard was to put in the debit card details

Just now, incident said:

Which is precisely why it's worth having all the relevant info saved in the browser ahead of time - the only time i actually touched the keyboard was to put in the debit card details

I got through on my ipad, so didn’t even have the word document i’d put on my pc to cut & paste from. Anyway, all worked out alright in the end

I've only once been able to buy early... 8:30 in 2009... ?

2019- One in my group was in bang on 9,  then two got through repeatedly from about 9:10 and it kept crashing.   I got in at maybe 9:25 pressed back and forth a few times on each step to get through as it kept saying no deposits available.   Finally confirmed at 9:35ish.  Right at the death.

I say death... Another group was able to by after the sold out tweet.   Kept pressing back and resubmitting....never say die

As a few others have said our group were unsuccessful but there is a degree of peace around it in knowing that we did all we could. Spreadsheets all put together a week in advance, everyone had every device possible up and running, no pointless chat on the Whatsapp group, F5ing as much as possible.

Sometimes it isn’t meant to be but as devastated as I am at least we can say it wasn’t due to someone not trying.

Well done to everyone that got tickets, super jealous!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fowls said:

If anything I liked how it was a few years back with tickets taking an hour or two to break through the crashes and sell out. At least then there was some attrition after people started giving up!

So, despite what the good people of Twitter are saying to Emily Eavis, what we actually need are worse internet servers? I'm actually inclined to agree....at least you get something then for not giving up!

1 hour ago, Glastocat said:

Yeah, it doesn't work now but it used to years back, not sure when it was stopped.

In my experience in the last couple of years it appears that it is more likely to get back on the sale screen if you have already got tickets. Almost as if you are dropped back in the middle of the queue, while most are still waiting to get in to the it. Last year I got on twice this year my mate did.

Yeh same....the friend who got my tickets couldn't go back, so she refreshed but was back in with five mins. 

39 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If you’ve got a responsive holding screen you’re in good shape and in all other years I’ve always managed to get to a booking screen from there, just not this year, you still need to have luck on your side at this stage.

I had the holding screen on three devices. All good, no crashes, so better than most....but did any of them get to the booking page? Nope....

36 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Is 5 mins a record sell out time?

@Gnomicide

Sorry...was gonna reply and then saw someone else was way ahead of me but can't delete on my phone for some reason! Ooops! ?

21 minutes ago, Respectfatfrog said:

Seemed to me it was more advertised this year, tips for Glastonbury tickets on the news website etc. That along with social media its all added to the rush. 

Definitely. Dunno if it's the same in every area but I saw the Manchester Evening News posting an article about it earlier, don't ever recall seeing that before

40 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I'm not sure I get why this would lower demand. Any sister festival is Not Glastonbury so the same amount of people would still try for Glastonbury. They couldn't hold the sister festival at the farm so it would have to be elsewhere, making it even more 'just another festival'. And there are lots of other festivals already so I don't quite get it.

Some people might find the sister festival preferable? In terms of time of year/location/price ?

And yeah, the same applies to other festivals, they all compete with Glastonbury. Certainly I know people who used to go to G that now prefer other festivals that cater to them better.