Local Ticket Sales 2018

wilem

On 10/16/2018 at 8:26 PM, ledwards said:

What do you mean? I’m just helping him and his local friends get tix, I’m not local so wouldn’t qualify anyway? 

I'm in Wiltshire, already have my ticket secured, but if asked, I would happily help a local get through. As long as they meet the conditions of sale (they live local) I don't see how thats any different than helping anyone (on earth!) in the main sale. 

Just tried for my friends in Castle Cary.  Got registration details in at 10.01 but threw me out at next stage.  It's never been this bad in previous years.  They didn't try in the main sale as they thought it wouldn't be a problem.  Definiteley people abusing the system I think.  I agree with other posts on here that putting details on the website rather than just in the local press has been a bad idea.

1 minute ago, mustgetoutmore said:

Just tried for my friends in Castle Cary.  Got registration details in at 10.01 but threw me out at next stage.  It's never been this bad in previous years.  They didn't try in the main sale as they thought it wouldn't be a problem.  Definiteley people abusing the system I think.  I agree with other posts on here that putting details on the website rather than just in the local press has been a bad idea.

I agree 100% I have never worried about the general sale as I sail through in the local sale. Felt like I was looking up shit creek with my mouth wide open this year 

This doesn’t make me feel any better about my chances in the resale... it’s likely  more tickets will be made available to locals (I don’t begrudge this) if so many have missed out.... I just hope all the other tickets have actually gone to locals or more importantly those which haven’t will be cancelled 

Well, not sure what happened this year!

In and bought six tickets for our group in the general sale on Sunday by 9:04,  got contacted by close friends to help them on Thursday and got four more by 12:02, two more couples from my local pub asked for me to help them today for the second local’s sale and scored their tickets by 10:01. Today ‘s were sold out by 10:03.  Three attempts, all successful. If any locals want me to have a go for resales, message me the reg numbers when resales come up.  Not sure how many you can apply for in one session, but happy to try for others on here. 

• 5 months later...

How strange. My friend managed to buy a ticket in the main national sale. It transpires that the registration she used is at an old address in Glastonbury (she lives in London now) and See have mailed her asking her to prove that she lives in the Glasto area or they will cancel her ticket!

Anyone else had an issue like this? The consensus in the group is to go back and explain she no longer lives there and point out that it isn't a locals ticket anyway so it doesn't matter! Sounds like See just being a bit thick and something that can be rectified when pointed out. Anyone have any ideas/experience of this problem?

25 minutes ago, Homer said:

How strange. My friend managed to buy a ticket in the main national sale. It transpires that the registration she used is at an old address in Glastonbury (she lives in London now) and See have mailed her asking her to prove that she lives in the Glasto area or they will cancel her ticket!

Anyone else had an issue like this? The consensus in the group is to go back and explain she no longer lives there and point out that it isn't a locals ticket anyway so it doesn't matter! Sounds like See just being a bit thick and something that can be rectified when pointed out. Anyone have any ideas/experience of this problem?

we were talking about it on the how many back in the pot thread  yesterday I think ... someone else had similar and sorted it by contacting see 

Edited by crazyfool1

46 minutes ago, Homer said:

Well it's positive to hear that they really are doing a check of local tickets, just a shame that it's an over zealous one.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Yes, we had the email yesterday, said tickets were 'suspended' ? Flagged up as tickets going to a Bristol address and not our houses.

Odd thing is, we bought tickets in the main sale, so we actually left more tickets in the local pot...

System would be better if they screened only those who bought in the local sale - must have created lots of work for themselves.

GFL were quick to respond, were gracious in apologising for stressing us out and assured us all was well - phew!

4 hours ago, Homer said:

Just sounds like them being thick. Just point out it wasn’t a local ticket and should be fine. 

I think they just automatically flag things when people change their delivery address from a local to an address miles away from the catchment area.

Won’t be an issue. 

Edited by strummer77