2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

29 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

IMHO I think we would be naive to think that such links don't still exist for the benefit of See shareholders, staff etc.

I don't think they still exist, based on stuff i know.

30 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I even found an IP (on both subnets...) that presents a Client Console page with a username/password required to login too.

I'd guess that's the content manager system, that staff use to key on new shows.

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd guess that's the content manager system, that staff use to key on new shows.

CMS's on large websites are almost always IP-restricted - even if you had the correct IP address you'd struggle to get served the login page unless accessing from an internal IP. It could be that, but I'd say it's more likely just a server config login of some sort.

Just now, EamerRed said:

CMS's on large websites are almost always IP-restricted - even if you had the correct IP address you'd struggle to get served the login page unless accessing from an internal IP. It could be that, but I'd say it's more likely just a server config login of some sort.

ah, true (tho that's the CMS's which aren't like the efestivals one, where there's some rather clever special protection which makes it hugely unlikely to get found and broken into from a public IP address).

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

ah, true (tho that's the CMS's which aren't like the efestivals one, where there's some rather clever special protection which makes it hugely unlikely to get found and broken into from a public IP address).

Interesting! Don't want hackers getting in and ordering themselves 10 free eFestivals mugs now ?

3 minutes ago, NaturalWine said:

I read some members set up virtual machines.  Were you successful? 

I had seven machines set up in France, Northern Europe, Western Europe, East Asia, Australia, India & West UK (hoping for the mythical local bias) with MS Azure. I think only my Australian one even got to the holding page. The rest were just whitescreened. Take from that what you will.

Edited by squareheadz

2 minutes ago, squareheadz said:

I had seven machines set up in France, Northern Europe, Western Europe, East Asia, Australia, India & West UK (hoping for the mythical locals bias). I think only my Australian one even got to the holding page. The rest were just whitescreened. Take from that what you will.

Didn't set up a node in Liverpool?

Just now, UEF said:

Didn't set up a node in Liverpool?

I think Liverpudlians are just God's Chosen People. In October 2016 trying for tickets I got absolutely nowhere with all my devices but my hungover Scouse housemate got straight through on her laptop. The luck of the Irish is just strong in the city, that's why you see so many of them.

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

It's so weird how it works isn't it? We were in a group of 17. The one friend who somehow gets us tickets EVERY time managed to get in and buy six by about 9.07am. How does he do it every year when I've never ever got past the holding page? Whats his F5ing technique got that mine doesn't?? 

You’re going to hate me for this but, like your friend, I’ve managed to get through and buy tickets every year since I first went in 2000. Obviously it was easy at the start, then there were the years of efest leaks and tips giving me an edge over the others in the room (by this stage about 4 of us usually). But over recent years, as the playing field has been levelled, it’s still me who gets through and almost never any of the others. One guy has been with me every time (about 14 sales) and only once got onto the registration page. These days he can’t even get onto the holding page. They are convinced I have some special technique or am using some special back door page. But apart from being totally organised beforehand, focused and confident when the page drops out that a back click will sort it, I’m doing the same as them, on the same network. I’m doing exactly the same as scores on here who didn’t manage to get through this year. Both this year and last time I managed to get through and buy twice. And I got through on Thursday for the coach sale. I can only put it down to luck - and I keep expecting it to run out - but this seems to defy the odds. And I’m not generally a lucky person. I can’t help feeling that there has to be something in the system that is somehow or other giving me or my set up an advantage. But I’m f***ed if I can see what it could be.

1 hour ago, Mackem said:

You’re going to hate me for this but, like your friend, I’ve managed to get through and buy tickets every year since I first went in 2000. Obviously it was easy at the start, then there were the years of efest leaks and tips giving me an edge over the others in the room (by this stage about 4 of us usually). But over recent years, as the playing field has been levelled, it’s still me who gets through and almost never any of the others. One guy has been with me every time (about 14 sales) and only once got onto the registration page. These days he can’t even get onto the holding page. They are convinced I have some special technique or am using some special back door page. But apart from being totally organised beforehand, focused and confident when the page drops out that a back click will sort it, I’m doing the same as them, on the same network. I’m doing exactly the same as scores on here who didn’t manage to get through this year. Both this year and last time I managed to get through and buy twice. And I got through on Thursday for the coach sale. I can only put it down to luck - and I keep expecting it to run out - but this seems to defy the odds. And I’m not generally a lucky person. I can’t help feeling that there has to be something in the system that is somehow or other giving me or my set up an advantage. But I’m f***ed if I can see what it could be.

Epic. Do you look up the seetickets website days before or just turn the page on the day of the sale and envision the booking page? I could see the booking complete page in my eyes for the whole week, I thought this type of confidence would get me there , only got to the coach details page which did not let me through to payment like a lot of the other people here 

3 hours ago, squareheadz said:

I had seven machines set up in France, Northern Europe, Western Europe, East Asia, Australia, India & West UK (hoping for the mythical local bias) with MS Azure. I think only my Australian one even got to the holding page. The rest were just whitescreened. Take from that what you will.

Maybe there is lot more going on behind the scenes

1 minute ago, NaturalWine said:

Epic. Do you look up the seetickets website days before or just turn the page on the day of the sale and envision the booking page? I could see the booking complete page in my eyes for the whole week, I thought this type of confidence would get me there , only got to the coach details page which did not let me through to payment like a lot of the other people here 

I usually put all sorts of possible pages in (often picked up from here) in the hope I can jump a page. But I find on the day it just confuses me and I end up going back to the base  glastonbury.seetickets.com  address. This year I tried for coach for friends (so no tension on my part) and decided that's all I'd use. Just refreshed it for a couple of minutes (not https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras) until the opening time and then refreshed the holding page when it came up every second+ until I got through. So that's what I did Sunday. As basic and boring as that.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I work at See Tickets and was sitting there with a piping hot cup of java clicking Yes and No on the basis of people's eFests posting history.

Haha that’s what I’m starting to think ! I was only browsing these pages and now my whole group of 12 didn’t get a sniff. Although 10 of them never have in the past 4 festival years! 

Has anyone else ever had the favour retured after being the main booking securing for a good few years running 

51 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I work at See Tickets and was sitting there with a piping hot cup of java clicking Yes and No on the basis of people's eFests posting history.

I ran over a partridge while driving across Salisbury Plain on Saturday morning.  Is that why you blocked me?

3 hours ago, Mackem said:

It's bonkers isn't it?? I can only assume you've both sold either your souls or your bodies to someone high up and See!

I’m new to all of this and didn’t managed to get tickets on Thursday or Sunday. I read everyone’s advice to refresh, but on my I phone the same thing happened both nights. It started refreshing ok and the blue line went all the way across and refreshed but soon it just got about a fifth of the way and got stuck, if I refreshed it went back and did the same again. Was this actually refreshing.? As soon as the sold out was announced the blue line speeded across once again. I hope this makes sense . Thanks 

On 10/9/2018 at 4:05 PM, Mackem said:

This forum was an absolute boon in those days. When it held up, there would be live posts during the sale with tips on back doors, 2nd pages, gates left open etc by people who'd got through. Sometimes people would get 30, 40 tickets just by getting through once, ordering, then clicking back and re-entering new registrations. Who remembers the Freyja back door year? eFesters got a ridiculously high proportion of tickets in years when it did sell out quickly. Those days have gone though and it's a much more level playing field.

God the Freya year!

I was online for for what felt like hours ringing round friends harvesting details and buying tickets. I didn’t even go that year, I can’t remember why, I think it was because my other half couldn’t get time off work and I didn’t fancy having two youngsters with me. We did BD for the first time that year and I didn’t do Glasto again for a decade.

13 hours ago, snailcheeks said:

NaturalWine. This is actually the first year when someone else pulled through for me after being the lead booker for many years. Very surprised they even tried and then got through! Happy mind you. 

That’s a nice return when it mattered most. I hope me/friends get ours quick in April so I can help the resaleclub

13 hours ago, Watchy said:

on my I phone the same thing happened both nights. It started refreshing ok and the blue line went all the way across and refreshed but soon it just got about a fifth of the way and got stuck, if I refreshed it went back and did the same again. Was this actually refreshing.? As soon as the sold out was announced the blue line speeded across once again. I hope this makes sense . Thanks 

Sounds like it got struck trying to connect to the page - same as the computer browsers getting the white screens and error messages. All you could do was keep refreshing.