2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

It was Freya, I think, which was one of the server names of the Seetickets system at that time. It was possible to go direct to the server and buy the tickets when you couldn't get a page going by the 'proper' route.

I got tickets by that link the next morning. My mate sent me it that he got off a football forum of all

places. Tried the link and got straight in. Back then they went on sale in the evening and after trying with no luck until the early hours I went to uni the next day and got them by that link in the morning. Seems a lifetime ago now! 

Also remember the address being something to do with wayahead-secure at the time. I suppose from the record shop. 

Edited by General Lee

2 hours ago, Fishman said:

Posted this in the 'For those who missed out in the past' thread, but rings true here ....

That's lovely.

Us old timers appreciate how lucky we've been over the years. Every year on the way out I climb the hill to the gate (these last few years - Gate A) and just before leaving turn and take a long look telling myself that this one might be the last. I try to tell myself that all good things must come to an end ...... (just not quite yet and we go again this year!).

In years that I've missed a ticket in October and relied on the re-sales, the next few months are horrible. Sorry. Good luck to all.

Benny - Looking forward to our date at Genosys in June!

Our 2017 moment is still one of my clearest memories, old pal! IIRC it was shortly before I was slapped on the back by a grinning, half-naked and gently twatted Child 1. Now THAT’S a festival memory!

Can’t wait. Hail Block 9

Ben

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

This happened to me - payment page barfed first time. In panic mode I pressed refresh thinking that refreshing the payment submission would work; I then shouted fucking hell, you knob (which I think was critical to the process), pressed the back button twice and got back to the now empty registration page. Re-filled and payment worked that time around.

It's an utterly random process, I don't think any sequence of events or actions guarantee success. Basically, there are packets of data flying about and browsers/servers catching or dropping them. If you're lucky the internet juggler works for you. If not, enough packets are dropped and there's no means of getting them back.

Thanks guess its just pot luck. Happened in the sale for 2017 tickets but we managed to negotiate the problem somehow. Didn't help that I opened up a celebratory bottle of cider thinking it was all done and dusted when I should have still been trying on my laptop. Resale it is then.  

On 10/8/2018 at 11:42 AM, glastolover19 said:

Bare in mind I was lucky to get a ticket yesterday so nothing is being said because I'm peed off about not getting one. I just find it unfair that your more likely to get a ticket now if you have x amount of devices connected to x amount of ip changers etc. It's really no different then the college you referenced saying right student a can apply 10 times but student b can only apply once,clearly that would be unfair

Is this really the case though? I got through on Thursday for a mate because he was at work so couldn't get his own. 4G on my phone sat in the car park at the gym

Got through on Sunday on my computer at work. Don't have a phone signal in my office so was literally 1 browser open with 1 tab open

We may think we are increasing our chances but I am convinced regardless of how many devices it's all down to th4 luck of getting that connection at the exactly right nanosecond 

30 minutes ago, Digi said:

Is this really the case though? I got through on Thursday for a mate because he was at work so couldn't get his own. 4G on my phone sat in the car park at the gym

Got through on Sunday on my computer at work. Don't have a phone signal in my office so was literally 1 browser open with 1 tab open

We may think we are increasing our chances but I am convinced regardless of how many devices it's all down to th4 luck of getting that connection at the exactly right nanosecond 

It is still down to luck, but it definitely increases your chances having more devices. It's basic probability. It doesn't, however, mean you cannot be successful with one device.

33 minutes ago, Digi said:

Your right it is largely down to luck but it can't be denied that you can improve you chances by such means. I'm not saying it's a sure fire guaranteed winner just that you can improve the odds. 

16 hours ago, doogie said:

You're probably right, but every year some people get the white screen of death pretty much the whole time, while others seem to consistently reach the holding page.  This makes me think there must be more to it than pure random luck, but I've yet to fathom what exactly. Sadly I wasn't one of the lucky ones this time, but it's still early days :)

This happened to me, only got holding page twice, meanwhile my husband, sitting next to me, on same WiFi for a time and then tethered to 4g phone, got the holding page constantly. Same spec laptop. The only difference between our setups is that I had this forum open in another window in my browser. Just as well I'm not a conspiracy theorist...

I'd really like to believe there was something funny going on this year, I don't know anyone at all who got tickets which has never happened before.

4 minutes ago, brixesmith said:

This happened to me, only got holding page twice, meanwhile my husband, sitting next to me, on same WiFi for a time and then tethered to 4g phone, got the holding page constantly. Same spec laptop. The only difference between our setups is that I had this forum open in another window in my browser. Just as well I'm not a conspiracy theorist...

I'd really like to believe there was something funny going on this year, I don't know anyone at all who got tickets which has never happened before.

Were you both on the same browser and were they both Macs or both pc’s? My mate sat in the same room as me and never saw the holding page. I got it instantly and on demand. I’m mac/Safari and he’s pc/Firefox

45 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Were you both on the same browser and were they both Macs or both pc’s? My mate sat in the same room as me and never saw the holding page. I got it instantly and on demand. I’m mac/Safari and he’s pc/Firefox

We were both on MacBook pros, running safari. I had a punt in the Thursday sale as had a feeling I couldn't rely on getting tickets on Sunday and got the holding page constantly, but then the same laptop couldn't get past 'server busy' on the Sunday, when the laptop right next to me was constantly on the holding page. It just seems so strange.

It makes me feel like I could/should have done something differently to improve my chances, and that's not a nice feeling. Like maybe if I hadn't been greedy and tried on Thursday it wouldn't have locked me out on Sunday. We changed our broadband to super fast fibre last year, and a large part of our decision was so it would give us the best chance of getting Glastonbury tickets. I feel like maybe that actually worked against us somehow!

57 minutes ago, brixesmith said:

Would be nice to be enlightened to how it really works. I Remember getting my first ever glasto tickets on a iPhone 3 with pay as you go sim in 2013. Since then I personally never got past the holding page. My partner always did or a friend in the same room connecting to the same WiFi. Strange thing actually, the same pay as you go phone for the main sale back then got straight in on the re sale that April 2014 for a friend. I missed that 20 sec countdown these times around, at least it made you not feel in a frozen limbo stage 

4 minutes ago, brixesmith said:

We were both on MacBook pros, running safari. I had a punt in the Thursday sale as had a feeling I couldn't rely on getting tickets on Sunday and got the holding page constantly, but then the same laptop couldn't get past 'server busy' on the Sunday, when the laptop right next to me was constantly on the holding page. It just seems so strange.

It makes me feel like I could/should have done something differently to improve my chances, and that's not a nice feeling. Like maybe if I hadn't been greedy and tried on Thursday it wouldn't have locked me out on Sunday. We changed our broadband to super fast fibre last year, and a large part of our decision was so it would give us the best chance of getting Glastonbury tickets. I feel like maybe that actually worked against us somehow!

We just changed our internet to fibre and it’s the first time is has worked at the same time on separate devices. Usaully could only get one device working. I had 3 separate browsers on the pc, laptop and Mac only one worked at a time per machine the rest were blank and most of the time on the holding page

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

sky have just said they are upgrading my speed for free ... not sure its free because of the fortune I seem to pay them ... should be good for helping in the resale .... every little helps as Dave Brailsford will testify 

Virgin seem to pull that stunt on a regular basis - I started off with a 20mb package that's now 250mb after multiple "free" upgrades.

Coincidentally the amount I'm paying them has gone up by about 15 quid over that time.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Virgin seem to pull that stunt on a regular basis - I started off with a 20mb package that's now 250mb after multiple "free" upgrades.

Coincidentally the amount I'm paying them has gone up by about 15 quid over that time.

Thats my expectation unfortunately :( i managed to negotiate my price down and now it just seems to be creeping back up 

1 hour ago, brixesmith said:

1 hour ago, Mackem said:

It's so weird how it works isn't it? We were in a group of 17. The one friend who somehow gets us tickets EVERY time managed to get in and buy six by about 9.07am. How does he do it every year when I've never ever got past the holding page? Whats his F5ing technique got that mine doesn't?? Then another friend, whose had similar luck to me in the past, managed to get through not only in the coach sale (although slightly too late to secure any tickets) but then was also in on sunday and had bought six tickets by around 9.08pm, and then got in again to buy the remaining 5 by about 9.20am. She did this just using one tab open on one browser on one mac laptop - no multiple devices or funny business. She seemed pretty surprised herself to be honest!

Meanwhile, I had my mac laptop and my friends mac desktop on the same IP (me on safari and his desktop on chrome) and my mobile on wifi. Phone and my laptop continuously had the holding page, but my friends computer got white screen of death or error messages the whole time. Maybe he had some troublesome cookies on his computer or something?

29 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

It's so weird how it works isn't it? We were in a group of 17. The one friend who somehow gets us tickets EVERY time managed to get in and buy six by about 9.07am. How does he do it every year when I've never ever got past the holding page? Whats his F5ing technique got that mine doesn't?? Then another friend, whose had similar luck to me in the past, managed to get through not only in the coach sale (although slightly too late to secure any tickets) but then was also in on sunday and had bought six tickets by around 9.08pm, and then got in again to buy the remaining 5 by about 9.20am. She did this just using one tab open on one browser on one mac laptop - no multiple devices or funny business. She seemed pretty surprised herself to be honest!

Meanwhile, I had my mac laptop and my friends mac desktop on the same IP (me on safari and his desktop on chrome) and my mobile on wifi. Phone and my laptop continuously had the holding page, but my friends computer got white screen of death or error messages the whole time. Maybe he had some troublesome cookies on his computer or something?

Fuck. Maybe I should have cleared my cookies! Arrgghh, I am deep in a spiral of despair and recriminations. I can't go on like this until April (and then, in all likelihood, beyond April....) ???

14 minutes ago, brixesmith said:

Fuck. Maybe I should have cleared my cookies! Arrgghh, I am deep in a spiral of despair and recriminations. I can't go on like this until April (and then, in all likelihood, beyond April....) ???

Surely it can't be the cookies that was your problem if you got the holding page on the Thursday? I think it must just be luck ? Also, I cleared the cookies/cache/whatever on my laptop, and although I got the holding page, still didn't get past that, so I really wouldn't blame yourself. I do think maybe there is a technique, or like once you've been in once, the system remembers you somehow (as it's weird that my friend gets in every year, and my other friend got in in the coach sale and then again on the Sunday). But fuck knows. My technique is just being friends with people that know the technique and then coordinating the shit out of them so we get enough tickets. Once you find them, don't let them out of your sight!!!

Edited by Sasperella

16 hours ago, General Lee said:

I got tickets by that link the next morning. My mate sent me it that he got off a football forum of all

places. Tried the link and got straight in. Back then they went on sale in the evening and after trying with no luck until the early hours I went to uni the next day and got them by that link in the morning. Seems a lifetime ago now! 

Also remember the address being something to do with wayahead-secure at the time. I suppose from the record shop. 

Snap! That was a good year. In those days it felt like dogged determination was genuinely rewarded, it's just luck now. Which is good in some ways, and not in others.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, babyblade41 said:

My daughters group only got their tickets from abroad (US) I was on their second group but couldn't get back in.. He has managed to get ticket for the last 13 years from his house in America for more than 2 lots of 6 each time ..not this time.. just 6 out of 20 

Thanks for the information and sorry you didn't manage to get the full 20 tickets. Even so, 6 out of 20 is more than I managed to get this year! It may be worth a shot then, especially for the 50th anniversary year.

19 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I can't really remember the details, but think it had a subdomain set-up in DNS - so that http://freya.seetickets.com would have reached it.

IMHO I think we would be naive to think that such links don't still exist for the benefit of See shareholders, staff etc.

There were/are at/least 11 x IP addresses (other than the 4 in public DNS...) across 2 subnets (Prod/DR?) that prior to the sale would happily respond to page requests, and could also be used to access the main Seetickets site...I even found an IP (on both subnets...) that presents a Client Console page with a username/password required to login too.

Whether these are load-balancers or public NAT IP's for servers themselves I don't know, but at sale time they all instantly redirected to the busy page.

I struggled this year - had my laptop and two phones checking. Both phones wouldn't even get through to the holding page, on the laptop we got through to putting our details in and then the page crashed when we tried to go on from there.

Friend of ours got through on her phone sitting on the toilet and bought us all tickets. I know what I'm doing next year!