2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, it's made for pretty savage reading over the last few days. My group were trying for Tommy101, but were just unable to get the payment to go through :( I have some hope for the resale though - mostly because although demand may have been super high this year, I think a lot of new people especially won't be bothered to try in April as they book in more summer plans, other festivals, a maddening amount of weddings etc etc. And my friends have had success there before (one of them got to the booking page with TWO refreshes in 2014! Jammy git).

And you're totally right - treat it as our last. As even if we do get in again, I have a feeling it's going to be almost impossible to get a big group secured. Although, maybe some biblical rain in 2019 will sort us all out :lol:

With 2020 being the 50th Glasto I think it's going to be a monster fight for tickets. 

14 minutes ago, NaturalWine said:

Ok, I had two separate laptops doing that from 8.52 . Went blank screen as soon as it hit 9am for about 10mins. Must be a great feeling to get in and secure tickets early 

Was a bit surreal tbh. Few years ago we got in just before the sell-out. Had just about accepted our fate.

15 minutes ago, briddj said:

Was a bit surreal tbh. Few years ago we got in just before the sell-out. Had just about accepted our fate.

Yeah that’s what I always worried about. Have all got tickets from only manually typing before. I though I was being slick this time all prepared with text replacements, but couldnt evening get through holding. Well I did get through on coach on a pc and had to type like made entered all details picked coach but couldn’t get further. Same problems as everyone else, I think we got let it just after it sold out of tickets.

8 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

One year a few back I got in on first refresh on the stroke of 9am.

Tickets purchased by 9.01.

Was surreal as was full of adrenaline and it was over before it started!

I got resale coach tickets in April 2015 on my first click of F5...couldn't believe it!

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

Never failed in 2005, 2007,08,09,10,11,13,14,15,16,17. Until this year where none of our 30 using the same tactics as we always use and not a single ticket.

I got mine in main sale 04.05,07,08.09,10,11,13,14,16 & 17.  15 was a resale and this year I got nothing.

2 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Amazing feeling for that to be resale!

Quite.

I was convinced my run was going to end that year....although now I fear this time might be the one I finally don't get a golden ticket, if the 1.5m people trying figure is to be believed.

Either way, if I don't get one I can't complain given I've been to the last 12 in row!

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Quite.

I was convinced my run was going to end that year....although now I fear this time might be the one I finally don't get a golden ticket, if the 1.5m people trying figure is to be believed.

Either way, if I don't get one I can't complain given I've been to the last 12 in row!

Seemed to be a lot easier getting tickets over 10 years ago. Wish I started going back then. What were the tricks back then?

3 minutes ago, NaturalWine said:

Seemed to be a lot easier getting tickets over 10 years ago. Wish I started going back then. What were the tricks back then?

Less people trying for tickets (not sold out in advance in 2008, took about 4 months in 2009, and about 12 hours in 2010 well after the initial rush subsided and people realised there was still tickets available).

29 minutes ago, NaturalWine said:

Persistance, although I don’t think the demand we saw on Sunday was there 5 years ago let alone 10!

2013 was the first time any of our group missed out.

27 minutes ago, NaturalWine said:

It just wasn't an issue before the sale for 2010 or 2011.

The 2009 festival didn't even sell out until the week before the festival began.

Then the demand started to increase. Perhaps largely because there haven't been any complete Glasto washouts, with pictures of floating tents, for a long time. The image of Glasto being a mud-bath has sort of subsided.

First few years of incredible demand there wasn't the server capacity and See Tickets would crash for hours. Would be four hours plus to sell out. It's only the last three or four years, with technical advancements, that See can deal with hundreds of thousands of people trying and process the tickets in little more than 30 minutes.

So it used to be a piece of p1ss. It's now a military operation with a huge degree of luck. 

3 hours ago, NaturalWine said:

This forum was an absolute boon in those days. When it held up, there would be live posts during the sale with tips on back doors, 2nd pages, gates left open etc by people who'd got through. Sometimes people would get 30, 40 tickets just by getting through once, ordering, then clicking back and re-entering new registrations. Who remembers the Freyja back door year? eFesters got a ridiculously high proportion of tickets in years when it did sell out quickly. Those days have gone though and it's a much more level playing field.

Edited by Mackem
typo

5 minutes ago, Mackem said:

This forum was an absolute boon in this days. When it held up, there would be live posts during the sale with tips on back doors, 2nd pages, gates left open etc by people who'd got through. Sometimes people would get 30, 40 tickets just by getting through once, ordering, then clicking back and re-entering new registrations. Who remembers the Freyja back door year? eFesters got a ridiculously high proportion of tickets in years when it did sell out quickly. Those days have gone though and it's a much more level playing field.

I loved that back door. Got quite a few tickets that year!

30 minutes ago, incident said:

Less people trying for tickets (not sold out in advance in 2008, took about 4 months in 2009, and about 12 hours in 2010 well after the initial rush subsided and people realised there was still tickets available).

Absolutely insane. I remember being 17 with glasto hitting my radar, then the ticket id and then Jay Z controversy. 2010 was meant to be my year, then 11. I finally got my act together after watching 2013 on bbc scratching my head thinking why the hell I never got my life sorted. All the early dubstep memories of any DJ from 07-10 would have been greater at glasto 

11 minutes ago, Mackem said:

This forum was an absolute boon in this days. When it held up, there would be live posts during the sale with tips on back doors, 2nd pages, gates left open etc by people who'd got through. Sometimes people would get 30, 40 tickets just by getting through once, ordering, then clicking back and re-entering new registrations. Who remembers the Freyja back door year? eFesters got a ridiculously high proportion of tickets in years when it did sell out quickly. Those days have gone though and it's a much more level playing field.

Glory days for the forum.  Loved it.

30 minutes ago, Mackem said:

best one was the year they messed up the DNS entry, and a quick hack of the hosts file got you tickets.

I laughed about it to the man to See. He's not spoken to me since. :( :lol: