2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

24/24 got tickets in our group this year, previous years it has been smaller groups but usually everyone who wants a ticket ends up getting one. There's only been 1 year in the last 6 festivals were some people needed the resale where they were also successful. 

It was a pretty slick operation in the build up and during, obviously you can never get an guarantee on getting through but if you're well prepared it goes a long way. 

Edited by Ricci's Special Kebabs

9 minutes ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

24/24 got tickets in our group this year, previous years it has been smaller groups but usually everyone who wants a ticket ends up getting one. There's only been 1 year in the last 6 festivals were some people needed the resale where they were also successful. 

It was a pretty slick operation in the build up and during, obviously you can never get an guarantee on getting through but if you're well prepared it goes a long way. 

Have to agree with this.

Though 108 of us tried and only 48 got tickets this year, the 48 people are regulars and were more organised.  

It's been spreadsheet and a trickle down system of getting own groups tickets then moving on immediately to try for other groups as soon as each group gets theirs. 

This will be the 5th year in a row where at least 40 of us have gotten tickets in the initial sale.

It's not a guarantee, and maybe next year we will falter but it is what it is, and 5 years in a row x that many tickets shows a bit of organisation works 

21 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

I beg to differ,a lot o folks on this and other threads have said they used multiple devices and changers

That’s people on efestivals rather than the wider public. They also don’t seem to have done significantly better than the rest of us.

4 minutes ago, Bradders said:

That’s people on efestivals rather than the wider public. They also don’t seem to have done significantly better than the rest of us.

I personally know about 20-30 people who don't use efest who used multiple devices/ip changers so it's not just confined to here plus even if it was I'm sure the efesters make up a decent chunk of punters. 

It's all about banging your request in at the same time as a slot is open. That simple.

In our group there's a historical bias to the magic people who seem to get the tickets most years. They're not magic - they just retry a lot, say every second or two as opposed to 10 refreshes over the course of the hour. 

Keep hammering away and you'll eventually get in, it's a simple numbers game. 

6 minutes ago, UEF said:

It's all about banging your request in at the same time as a slot is open. That simple.

It felt like that for me. I did not have a sniff for 34.59 of the 35 minutes tickets were on sale on 2 computers and my phone, but for one second, about 9:15, the booking page suddenly popped up on my phone. It was so fast and I was in such a rhythm of refreshing that I almost refreshed again but just stopped in time.

After bagging the tickets I went back in for others but got absolutely nothing.

42 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Clearly it does though? Put it simply if 1 guy buys 10 raffle tickets and 1 guy buys 2,who has the better chance of winning? Yep it's not guaranteed but you undoubtedly stand a better chance

A good analogy, so if they buy raffle (or lottery) tickets every week which of the 2 wins the jackpot first? The answer is probably neither, but if one did win you can't say with any certainty which one it would be despite the different number of tickets. In the seetickets scenario virtually all the pings will be unsuccessful, similar to buying a lottery ticket. Those who do get a booking page then have to know how to navigate through the seetickets system this is where the regulars have an advantage.

19 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

A good analogy, so if they buy raffle (or lottery) tickets every week which of the 2 wins the jackpot first? The answer is probably neither, but if one did win you can't say with any certainty which one it would be despite the different number of tickets. In the seetickets scenario virtually all the pings will be unsuccessful, similar to buying a lottery ticket. Those who do get a booking page then have to know how to navigate through the seetickets system this is where the regulars have an advantage.

I didn't say it's a guarantee that you'd get tickets using x amount of devices just that it increases the odds and your more likely to be successful. It's like betting on 4 horses in a 5horse race,it's no guarantee that you pick the winner but it greatly improves your odds

39 minutes ago, Bradders said:

When I say not using multiple devices, I mean not more than 2 or 3 at a push. There aren’t thousands of people set up in control rooms with loads of PCs hoovering up the tickets from us laptop + phone lot, was my point.

Sorry mate but if you read through various threads on here or Twitter there is loads of reference to people using 5-6+ devices. I don't imagine for a second anyone has a nasa style control room set up. 

The only thing I found odd is... I had a white screen on the hotel wifi on my phone - as soon as I switched to 4g, I had the holding page. It was instant. Whether that is coincidence or not - I don't know. As if it prefered my connection that way. It was the only device to secure tickets for our group too.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

59 minutes ago, UEF said:

In our group there's a historical bias to the magic people who seem to get the tickets most years. They're not magic - they just retry a lot, say every second or two as opposed to 10 refreshes over the course of the hour. 

Agree 100%.  I normally get through and buy tickets for most of my lot,  but before this years sale I explained to them that pressing F5 was a lot more useful than messaging our what’s app to say that the page wasn’t loading all they had the holding page.  It always crashes at 9... so I told them in no uncertain terms expect that press back and move on.  It worked a treat,  3 groups that normally get nowhere got in as well as my self...   

perservance and focus are worth more than fancy kit / many devices etc...

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The only thing I found odd is... I had a white screen on the hotel wifi on my phone - as soon as I switched to 4g, I had the holding page. It was instant. Whether that is coincidence or not - I don't know. As if it prefered my connection that way. It was the only device to secure tickets for our group too.

I was completely the opposite :) 

1 hour ago, UEF said:

That’s been the case for me for the previous four sales but not this year. I had all sorts of devices but only one hit the holding screen at 9 so I just concentrated on that for the full length of the sale and hit refresh every second for 36 minutes. I’ve never not got a booking screen before but this time I didn’t. A few years back I’d say it would be almost guaranteed but now so many people/devices are trying for the same amount of slots that approach guarantees nothing anymore.

Just some advice needed, please. My daughter's friend at Uni got through for us about 9.10. She negotiated the reg number page fine but had to go back on it as she didn't put her reg in correct Got to the payment page fine and filled out my card details all correct but when she pressed buy tickets it crashed. Over the phone, my daughter and I were telling her to press the backspace which she did and got the reg page back up. She managed to get back on the payment page again but then it just crashed again and that was that after many times pressing the back and refresh button. My question is after the first crash would she have been better to have refreshed rather than press the back button?  

6 hours ago, Keithy said:

I don't think there's any evidence of the same person getting through loads of times at all. In the past there was suggestions that clicking 'back' after a booking would let you book again but that definitely is not the case now.

IP blacklisting would cause more problems than it solves and for tech savvy people, easily worked around. 

I certainly got through three times, 9.08, 9.11 and 9.13

The first two I entered all details and it wouldn't go forward to payment. First time I was gutted, opened a new tab, got through again after several refreshes, only to freeze again entering 5th ticket, really pissed off now. new tab again, f5 a few times and all went through ok. Could have bought all 18 of our groups tickets had the freezes not happened. I have timed screen shots of the frozen pages. I used one computer running on 8mb standard broadband, ie11, set my home page to ticket page, just open new tab and It goes straight there. F5 a few times then in. Our groups managed to secure all 18, 12 live within 2 miles of the site rest were Scotland. 

Feel for the many who couldn't get tickets this year. 

2 hours ago, UEF said:

Even a quick glance at a few online discussions should make it clear, your statement is simply untrue this year and I'm surprised you haven't been properly picked up on such a glib comment.

I got a ticket btw bought by my partner so I'm not bitter, but we are exceptions amongst maybe 150 friends, colleagues and acquaintances. This year was unquestionably different.

Edited by FieldOfAvalon
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Noble Skunk said:

From a technical POV there is and there was this year. You can understand why you wont see details always appear on these forums.

It's pure luck. I had multiple devices, incognito windows, varied Internet sources and didn't get a sniff. Can you enlighten me to how to do it better? Genuine question, not sarky...

So, after weeks of planning, spreadsheets and the frustration of a glitchy booking page in Thursday's sale, lucky me somehow got in on Sunday and (after the standard white page of doom/ enter details/ crash/ backup/ proceed x several attempts/ card refused/ 2nd card accepted) managed to get 6 tickets for our group. I've had the email confirmation and checked on the Seetickets website, it's all confirmed. 

BUT no money taken yet. Should I be worried? Don't think it's ever taken this long before... There are adequate funds and I've had confirmation - they couldn't renege on it at this stage could they?