2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

1 hour ago, SteveTLizard said:

Yep, done the week abroad off grid a couple of times.  Tricky now the saucepan lids are in School though.  I still ended up listening to Worthy FM by the pool and streaming BBC coverage just to kick myself in the nuts while I was there.

I'll be giving it a bloody good crack in the resale and any competitions that crop up, not holding out a huge amount of hope though.

Have you thought about working the festival, Oxfam stewarding or the like?  People that have done it swear by it, some even do it every year rather than even try for a ticket.  Pluses are decent camp with food and drink and hot showers. Downside would be you couldn't get too messed up as you need to be reasonably conscious when you rock up for your shift.

I have thought about nothing else but ways to be there since 9.40 yesterday morning haha.

I would never rule that out but I your last sentence poses a major problem for me. Also I imagine it's something you'd have to apply for/commit to early but I wouldn't want to commit before the resale

9 minutes ago, dogeggs said:

The Eavis's obviously want 100% of their tickets to go to people who'll love and respect their farm. I don't know if having a random & effortless ballot system would help them achieve that.

The system as it stands might be horribly cruel, but it favours those who love the festival enough to put themselves through the most agonising 30 minutes of the year. 

I agree. I'd sooner the battle to get tickets than a ballot.  That said, the system this year allowed those in the know to have a much easier ride getting tickets.

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm a consistently one-festival-a-year person, Sas. I struggle with the indulgence of doing more than that from a family perspective etc. The only exception to that was 2017 when I blooded Child 3 at Latitude for his first festival, in addition to me going to Glastonbury.

I always admire your monk-like pure dedication to the singular enjoyment of a festival. One per year, obsess over it in the run-up, do not ever sleep or sit down from the moment your boots touch festival soil, complete clean break afterwards with no lingering around on the boards after a couple of recap posts.

I don't know how it could be done and in reality it's probably not practicable but I like the idea that everyone has to do a year of litter picking at the festival before being eligible to get a ticket in the general sale.

I'm sure it would filter out those who go to the festival purely for facebook / instagram "likes"

It would also make people think twice about dropping litter in the future.

I just think it would really help spread the love the farm leave no trace message.

On 10/7/2018 at 10:02 AM, Superscally said:

For future attempts...when you have the white screen where it says this page cannot be loaded from the previous attempt, but it's still ticking over....do you wait until it's finished before refreshing?

Might have been answered but can't be arsed to read all the pages...

Personally I don't wait for it to finish ticking before refreshing if it's on the white page.  I've always found that if it takes that long to tick, it ain't hitting anything good.  Refreshing to either the proper holding page or the fabled map to the Well of Souls comes up on a quick refresh.  

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It would also make people think twice about dropping litter in the future.

Littering makes me so angry. Anybody out there who needs to actually work as a litter picker to understand that when they drop litter somebody else has to clean it up needs to be set on fire.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Might have been answered but can't be arsed to read all the pages...

Personally I don't wait for it to finish ticking before refreshing if it's on the white page.  I've always found that if it takes that long to tick, it ain't hitting anything good.  Refreshing to either the proper holding page or the fabled map to the Well of Souls comes up on a quick refresh.  

I think you were the first. Duly noted. Ta man.

I don’t really get how sitting there for 30 minutes on a Sunday is any sort of hardship? Sure if you want tickets its bloody stressful, but that would be the case with any system if you really want to go.

Getting out of your bed for 9am on a Sunday and jabbing your phone or iPad for 30 minutes is not hardship for anybody.

A work colleague got tickets for last year driving along with her daughter trying on her phone in the passenger seat.

The lucky 135k odd people who got tickets yesterday haven’t had to complete an Ironman to get there, and there is no guarantee that spending 30 minute of their Sunday morning getting tickets will mean they have any extra respect for the festival and it’s land.

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

I have thought about nothing else but ways to be there since 9.40 yesterday morning haha.

I would never rule that out but I your last sentence poses a major problem for me. Also I imagine it's something you'd have to apply for/commit to early but I wouldn't want to commit before the resale

This last bit is what I am struggling with, I know you have to commit before the resale to guarantee yourself a place!

Maybe the solution is that you have to put in the registration number for the lead booker in your group to be able to access the holding page - therefore meaning that each person can only try on one device. It would mean that the servers would not get quite so overloaded and therefore those who were lucky enough to get through would hopefully not get booted off. 

This way it still benefits people to be organised and get into a group of six (as then you’d effectively have six people trying for you) but it would significantly reduce the number of hits on the site and I assume would therefore make it more stable.

Edited by JoBalls

12 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I don’t really get how sitting there for 30 minutes on a Sunday is any sort of hardship? Sure if you want tickets its bloody stressful, but that would be the case with any system if you really want to go.

Getting out of your bed for 9am on a Sunday and jabbing your phone or iPad for 30 minutes is not hardship for anybody.

A work colleague got tickets for last year driving along with her daughter trying on her phone in the passenger seat.

The lucky 135k odd people who got tickets yesterday haven’t had to complete an Ironman to get there, and there is no guarantee that spending 30 minute of their Sunday morning getting tickets will mean they have any extra respect for the festival and it’s land.

I don't think it's a hardship either - but for those retreating to social media to bitch at Emily and SeeTickets just a few short minutes into ticket sales, rather than just cracking on - maybe for them hitting F5 a few times a minute really is too much effort.

So if we had a ballot system, those fools would have an equal crack as the rest of us at landing a Glasto Lottery ticket...and if they can't be bothered to even hit a refresh button, I can't imagine they'd be bothered to clear their shit up and take their tent away either. 

On 10/7/2018 at 10:09 AM, parsonjack said:

Not a sniff here and totally totally gutted.

For what it's worth I have been testing access to Seetickets for a while (you didn't know?) and until the sale started there were 11 x IP addresses other than the 4 advertised through DNS that would service requests.

I had details all ready to post on here of which one(s) you could use in Host files to get in and once I had tested it myself would have made those public for you guys to hoover them up.  I haven't posted them previously as I'm certain that See would read these threads and close them off.

See are obvs aware to this though....and from start of sale they all simply redirected to the holding page.  I also tried on a 4G IP address that I haven't used before to be certain they hadn't blocked me from noticing all the activity over past few weeks.

Sorry peeps ?

As one huge Floyd fan to another, and one who also takes organising and planning for 'T' day as seriously as you, I feel your pain. Not a sniff with 20+ people trying. All the planning, all the organising, the spreadsheets, the teams, and with many  years of success under our collective belts, nothing. Your hard work and commitment to help through testing See's processes is only to be commended. 

I hope we will both be there in June my friend. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, smudger said:

As one huge Floyd fan to another, and one who also takes organising and planning for 'T' day as seriously as you, I feel your pain. Not a sniff with 20+ people trying. All the planning, all the organising, the spreadsheets, the teams, and with many  years of success under our collective belts, nothing. Your hard work and commitment to help through testing See's processes is only to be commended. 

I hope we will both be there in June my friend. 

That's whats's annoyed me, felt like I was more prepared this year than any other. Organised groups the best I could, did spreadsheets all the rest of it, spent a lot of time taking useful advice from here.. all to see the holding page for two 30 second spells and for not 1 of our 34 people to get a ticket. So grim

It seemed to be the same as their 2016 setup - did anyone else notice they'd left references to "Buy Tickets for Glastonbury 2017" in their front end code?

I don't believe there was a way of cheating the system - the reason why the people who claim to know won't divulge their "secrets".

If I had a quid for every post I saw on here after 9am yesterday, from someone who had only posted once or twice, that asked for information to put in their hosts file then I'd have had at least two quid. 

I only wish I could have taken time off from pressing F5 to be sarcastic :( 

2 minutes ago, koj said:

I don't believe there was a way of cheating the system - the reason why the people who claim to know won't divulge their "secrets".

I'm pretty sure there is a way, but I'm even more sure that if it's what I think it is, it comes with way more risks than I'd be prepared to take. Specifically, the risk that either you appear to have bought tickets but it's registered the transaction in a test database/system somewhere rather than the live one, or the risk that it'll be blatantly obvious to See what you've done and so they exercise their right to cancel the order as fraudulent. So on that basis it's something I've never looked into enough to figure out exactly what would need doing, just not worth potentially getting flagged.

My guess is that See are aware of it but that the numbers are low enough that dealing with it would be more hassle than it's worth.

3 hours ago, gizmoman said:

And yet your experience (and mine too) suggests that isn't the case, unless we're both particularly lucky.

Clearly it does though? Put it simply if 1 guy buys 10 raffle tickets and 1 guy buys 2,who has the better chance of winning? Yep it's not guaranteed but you undoubtedly stand a better chance