2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

21 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Im pretty sure one I was refreshing for 36 minutes without any joy was much shorter than that.. please don’t tell me I was on the holding page of purgatory ?

No it was a short one this morning. I was worried I was refreshing the page of doom as it was so different but it did eventually go through to the booking page. It also didn't have the banner across the top.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, robillustrates said:

Imagine for 6 tickets, each of those 6 people is using a smartphone, laptop and computer, then you have tablets, then you have the devices of those around you helping out. Opens up the possibility of 24 devices to get 6 tickets easily. 

Sounds weird but from watching people play Pokemon Go of all things, it's amazing how many people now have multiple smartphones too.

Personally I think it would be a lot more fairer if allocation of tickets were done by a lottery/lucky dip. You have 1 lead booker plus up to 3 "guests" on registration.Each group who enters and gets drawn gets a maximum of 4 tickets. That way you can only enter once as opposed to using multiple devices and people. I'm saying this as someone whose usually been very lucky and was fortunate enough today but even I think the system is wrong. I might pee a few off saying this but I think the idea of using multiple devices and especially using people that aren't even going is a joke because surely it then becomes a case of who has the most mates and ipads. All you guys who played fair I salute you and anyone of you who score in the resale I will more then happily buy you a cider.

1 hour ago, SleepyBob said:

One issue we had this year was that one of my friends got to a booking page at around 09:05 but it crashed on the booking screen. I then got through at around 09:15 and when I clicked to confirm booking it kept saying that all registrations were being used in a previous booking and would not allow me to buy and the time limit expired. I then managed to get ankther booking screen & my friend had to close down all his tabs and turn off his phone and laptop for the registrations to be cleared from Seetickets systems and we finally managed to get tickets. 

I was very close to missing out thanks to Seetickets poor systems. 

I think that's the same thing that happened to us, but we didn't end up with tickets. My friend got through at 9.01 but the page crashed when he submitted payment. We then got through about 20 minutes later, and it would not allow us to use the registrations again. Basically it seems like those registrations were locked by the system and never got unlocked...

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Was there any evidence of the whole 60 refreshes thing?

Did anybody absolutely hammer F5 more than 60 times a second and still get through?

I refreshed my one responsive device as frequently as a I could for the entire 36 minutes or whatever it was. The page itself or the URL never changed but I never got through. There was the occasional slower refresh so in balance I may have never actually gone over it anyway.

I was really worried about this so I started refreshing my 4 devices around 15 mins before the sale started and as I didn’t get the dead holding page during that time I assumed everything would be fine.

Charm x 

I do think the system is fine. Demand massively outstrips supply. 

I am lucky today, but failed in 2013 - so I know the pain. 

I genuinely do believe it's all luck. The one of us who had the worst technology today, was the only one that got through, in fact was the only one that got anywhere near.

A friend of a friend got through, first timer , and commented how easy it was apparently.

In 2013, we never tried in the resale, but in both 2016 & 2017 we got some for friends in the resale... so it can be done

1 hour ago, JoshM87 said:

Said this in a different thread., but to combat the high volume they should only allow one person per group of 6 to book. So you name the ‘lead booker’ pre sales, and that person is allowed to register up to 5 other people who they’re booking tickets for, and those registration codes then can’t be used by anyone else.

it wouldn’t stop people using multiple devices, but it would stop groups of 30/40 etc getting together and it would stop people getting friends who aren’t even going to try for them.

i got lucky this time and got sorted but missed out in 2015 (got them eventually in the resale) so I know how annoying it is.

end of the day demand will always outstrip supply but there’s things they could do to mitigate it.

But we’ve seen from this thread that large groups haven’t been any more successful than small ones & individuals. All your suggestion does is scale down the people able to buy tickets by 6. It would just sell out 6 times faster.

26 minutes ago, wetwipes said:

Not my screen shot (got it off twitter). But that's what I saw for the duration

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Do5AhflXkAE4Lq1.jpg

Thanks. Thats similar to what I saw for the duration. There was a longer version posted some time yesterday. Not that it matters, was just wondering whether I even got the right holding page 

If there was a ballot rather than what is essentially a flash sale, all that would do is increase competition for tickets. Rather than narrowing it down only to organised people who get themselves prepared for a very short sale on a specific morning, you’d expand the people trying for tickets to everyone who fancies going and enters their ballot across the period for submissions. If there was a ballot, everyone who tried to get tickets would have been LESS likely to get a ticket.

Edited by Bradders

I managed to get tickets at 9.11 again this year, and for the second year running I could only get through on my ee harrier tablet (piece of crap but somehow gets glasto tickets!) using chrome, tethered to my 4g off my phone. We had lots of browsers open on computers/ phones etc but didn't get past the grey holding page on any of them. Really excited because I get to take my mom to her first ever festival this year! Last year no apple devices connected at all for me, but I think it might be pot luck/ tablet advantage? When I got through it was super swift and easy, for 2017 it kept kicking me off the payment page.

54 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

I think that's the same thing that happened to us, but we didn't end up with tickets. My friend got through at 9.01 but the page crashed when he submitted payment. We then got through about 20 minutes later, and it would not allow us to use the registrations again. Basically it seems like those registrations were locked by the system and never got unlocked...

Yeah we got lucky that my mate turning his devices off seemed to clear the transaction and allow us to buy them or we would be in the same situation. 

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Was there any evidence of the whole 60 refreshes thing?

Did anybody absolutely hammer F5 more than 60 times a second and still get through?

Difficult to tell, but I found it very difficult to wait for a beat before refreshing again so there must have been times I tipped over. It made no discernible difference, but how would we know? I didn’t really speed up or slow down and eventually got through. But sometimes the page took slightly longer to load so perhaps that took me under the count. Frustrating rule though, there’s just no way to know without manually counting. 

20 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

I was able to get this screen no probs on Thursday but didn’t get any further.

This morning I didn’t even see this screen. 

You’ve always got three hurdles with the Glastonbury sale.

Getting this screen in the first place and your computer not just crashing and giving you a white screen.

Getting from this screen to a booking page.

Once on the booking page paying for tickets without it crashing.

Unfortunately I only got to phase two of three this year. 

1 hour ago, Bradders said:

If there was a ballot rather than what is essentially a flash sale, all that would do is increase competition for tickets. Rather than narrowing it down only to organised people who get themselves prepared for a very short sale on a specific morning, you’d expand the people trying for tickets to everyone who fancies going and enters their ballot across the period for submissions. If there was a ballot, everyone who tried to get tickets would have been LESS likely to get a ticket.

Not necessarily. You could set up a system where you have to pre register like we do now but you register a group instead of individuals up to say 4per group,you then nominate a lead booker who is then given 1 ref number. Then come what would normally be ticket day you have a window of say 30-60mins to log onto ticket site but instead of actually buying tickets you get entered into draw. Then throughout the day your notified if successful. There for eliminates the large groups all trying,stops people not even going booking for others,stops multiple devices being used but also by using a small window to enter the draw also benefits the dedicated. Look I know it's probably never gonna change,at the end of the day it's business for the festival but I see it as a bit sad that each year a few of the old faces drop out because of it

37 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Not necessarily. You could set up a system where you have to pre register like we do now but you register a group instead of individuals up to say 4per group,you then nominate a lead booker who is then given 1 ref number. Then come what would normally be ticket day you have a window of say 30-60mins to log onto ticket site but instead of actually buying tickets you get entered into draw. Then throughout the day your notified if successful. There for eliminates the large groups all trying,stops people not even going booking for others,stops multiple devices being used but also by using a small window to enter the draw also benefits the dedicated. Look I know it's probably never gonna change,at the end of the day it's business for the festival but I see it as a bit sad that each year a few of the old faces drop out because of it

How would that system have helped the old faces get tickets?

13 minutes ago, Bradders said:

How would that system have helped the old faces get tickets?

By eliminating multiple devices being used which is one of the strains on the current system. Secondly it stop people not even going from trying on others behalf. It would be basically be a one attempt try which surely is fairer for all?

2 hours ago, Bradders said:

I agree. I don’t think there is a single perfectly fair way to run the sale but at least the current system rewards the people who are willing to make an effort above those who can’t get organised/can’t be arsed to get out of bed.

17 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Was this the crash error others got?  

I saw it quite a bit, two different IPs, not many refreshes.  Thankfully I was only trying for someone else ;) 

error_short.jpg

Aye. 2 laptops. One through vpn both only got this far. As I mentioned earlier, I tried on Thursday and got to the page you can refresh but no further. Today, the only time the laptops jumped onto a page with the Glastonbury logo on it they had the sold out message :-(

11 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Aye. 2 laptops. One through vpn both only got this far. As I mentioned earlier, I tried on Thursday and got to the page you can refresh but no further. Today, the only time the laptops jumped onto a page with the Glastonbury logo on it they had the sold out message ?

I saw it fleetingly on one within the first 5 minutes and in my excitement hit the back button.  Somehow I kept telling myself that one would have worked, then saw that other folks had crash errors multiple times after putting in payment.

Misery loves company ;) 

3 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

Personally I think it would be a lot more fairer if allocation of tickets were done by a lottery/lucky dip. You have 1 lead booker plus up to 3 "guests" on registration.Each group who enters and gets drawn gets a maximum of 4 tickets. That way you can only enter once as opposed to using multiple devices and people. I'm saying this as someone whose usually been very lucky and was fortunate enough today but even I think the system is wrong. I might pee a few off saying this but I think the idea of using multiple devices and especially using people that aren't even going is a joke because surely it then becomes a case of who has the most mates and ipads. All you guys who played fair I salute you and anyone of you who score in the resale I will more then happily buy you a cider.

I like the notion that you have to work for the ticket.  No drama, No sweat, No sleepless nights, No caffeine addiction,  No harrowing dreams, No phoning your work IT to find out how the intergeek actually works, no flexing your finger in the weeks up to it with just an email at some point in future that your group has tickets or not.  Then the group flakes when one doesn't quite fancy the thought of potentially falling down the longdrop.

Just now, JMDS said:

I like the notion that you have to work for the ticket.  No drama, No sweat, No sleepless nights, No caffeine addiction,  No harrowing dreams, No phoning your work IT to find out how the intergeek actually works, no flexing your finger in the weeks up to it with just an email at some point in future that your group has tickets or not.  Then the group flakes when one doesn't quite fancy the thought of potentially falling down the longdrop.

Agreed. I was gutted but resigned to the idea that I was done for when my registration page froze for more than five minutes but I kept fiddling with it; f5/back button and eventually it came back to life and I was saved.....stressy but ultimately satisfying.