2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Pure luck, innit?

Yup. 12 festivals in a row for me now (fully appreciate how lucky that is) and I've got tickets on TDays, coach TDays, resale days, coach resale days, secret resales day, from my mates brother-in-laws childhood babysitter (true story), have had maybe 5 or 6 different PCs etc in that time but always just have one browser (Chrome), one tab open and F5 every two seconds. Missus was downstairs on a faster PC and couldn't even get on the site using the same method. From all of us trying, I think myself, yourself and Wooderson were the only ones to even see the website. 

Its completely random.  

"The truth of the world is that it is actually chaotic. The truth is that it is not The Iluminati, or The Jewish Banking Conspiracy, or the Gray Alien Theory. The truth is far more frightening - Nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.”

Alan Moore

• Upvote 3

One issue we had this year was that one of my friends got to a booking page at around 09:05 but it crashed on the booking screen. I then got through at around 09:15 and when I clicked to confirm booking it kept saying that all registrations were being used in a previous booking and would not allow me to buy and the time limit expired. I then managed to get ankther booking screen & my friend had to close down all his tabs and turn off his phone and laptop for the registrations to be cleared from Seetickets systems and we finally managed to get tickets. 

I was very close to missing out thanks to Seetickets poor systems. 

2 minutes ago, SleepyBob said:

One issue we had this year was that one of my friends got to a booking page at around 09:05 but it crashed on the booking screen. I then got through at around 09:15 and when I clicked to confirm booking it kept saying that all registrations were being used in a previous booking and would not allow me to buy and the time limit expired. I then managed to get ankther booking screen & my friend had to close down all his tabs and turn off his phone and laptop for the registrations to be cleared from Seetickets systems and we finally managed to get tickets. 

I was very close to missing out thanks to Seetickets poor systems. 

I do think see aren't coping with it now due to the extremely high volume of people trying. I was Successful in 4 previous years but not the last two

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EmsieXxX said:

I do think see aren't coping with it now due to the extremely high volume of people trying. I was Successful in 4 previous years but not the last two

Issue now is the amount of devices people have too. Even with same amount trying they’d get double the hits most likely with smartphones/tablets etc 

Imagine for 6 tickets, each of those 6 people is using a smartphone, laptop and computer, then you have tablets, then you have the devices of those around you helping out. Opens up the possibility of 24 devices to get 6 tickets easily. 

Sounds weird but from watching people play Pokemon Go of all things, it's amazing how many people now have multiple smartphones too.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Think im going to ask michael if they have thought about leaving see because of the issues 

I guess it sells out every year and that's probably the main thing the festival organisers care about.

Could be a case of better the devil you know and a new provider might not necessarily be any better (Don't really know much about the other big tickets sites tbh)

3 minutes ago, rubenz said:

I guess it sells out every year and that's probably the main thing the festival organisers care about.

Could be a case of better the devil you know and a new provider might not necessarily be any better (Don't really know much about the other big tickets sites tbh)

is a difficult one .... the festival is well worth the half hour of pain but its the kicking people out at all stages that concerns me ... and I have tickets ... the festival evolves and so should the ticket buying .... and i will have been to 14 in a row with one year off travelling 

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Think im going to ask michael if they have thought about leaving see because of the issues 

It doesn't seem robust enough for the payment part, when they know what traffic they're going to attract but wasn't there something saying that see were the best of the bunch? Think I read it here or was that unsubstantiated?

Said this in a different thread., but to combat the high volume they should only allow one person per group of 6 to book. So you name the ‘lead booker’ pre sales, and that person is allowed to register up to 5 other people who they’re booking tickets for, and those registration codes then can’t be used by anyone else.

it wouldn’t stop people using multiple devices, but it would stop groups of 30/40 etc getting together and it would stop people getting friends who aren’t even going to try for them.

i got lucky this time and got sorted but missed out in 2015 (got them eventually in the resale) so I know how annoying it is.

end of the day demand will always outstrip supply but there’s things they could do to mitigate it.

1 minute ago, carlosj said:

It doesn't seem robust enough for the payment part, when they know what traffic they're going to attract but wasn't there something saying that see were the best of the bunch? Think I read it here or was that unsubstantiated?

i think the process is fine but the kicking out at certain points isn't ..that just winds up customers more than necessary and although the festival is massively over subscribed now they shouldn't rest on laurels and should work a way out of letting people through those doors in the right numbers 

15 minutes ago, rubenz said:

a new provider might not necessarily be any better (Don't really know much about the other big tickets sites tbh)

I can already imagine the carnage if Ticketmaster had the contract. See might not be perfect but I think they're the best choice.

9 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

but it would stop groups of 30/40 etc getting together and it would stop people getting friends who aren’t even going to try for them.

Why do you think any of that is undesirable?

Either from (in general terms, not something specific to you) a customers perspective, or from the Festivals perspective?

8 hours ago, mcmenace said:

Didn't get tickets again this year and am gutted! I got to the holding page of doom but no further than that unfortunately!

Does anybody know if Glastonbury allocate a certain number of tickets to people living overseas? Has anybody living abroad managed to buy a ticket this time? Is the process any easier? Considering emigrating at this point!

My daughters group only got their tickets from abroad (US) I was on their second group but couldn't get back in.. He has managed to get ticket for the last 13 years from his house in America for more than 2 lots of 6 each time ..not this time.. just 6 out of 20 

20 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

Said this in a different thread., but to combat the high volume they should only allow one person per group of 6 to book. So you name the ‘lead booker’ pre sales, and that person is allowed to register up to 5 other people who they’re booking tickets for, and those registration codes then can’t be used by anyone else.

it wouldn’t stop people using multiple devices, but it would stop groups of 30/40 etc getting together and it would stop people getting friends who aren’t even going to try for them.

i got lucky this time and got sorted but missed out in 2015 (got them eventually in the resale) so I know how annoying it is.

end of the day demand will always outstrip supply but there’s things they could do to mitigate it.

It wouldnt stop that. Everyone would be on pretending to be the lead booker with the leads details.

3 minutes ago, billum said:

I can't remember which one came up this morning, I think it was this:

image.png.55c890c90442d5ebbb375e030483aac6.png

Which is also here:

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy

Im pretty sure one I was refreshing for 36 minutes without any joy was much shorter than that.. please don’t tell me I was on the holding page of purgatory ?

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

is a difficult one .... the festival is well worth the half hour of pain but its the kicking people out at all stages that concerns me ... and I have tickets 

Ditto. I totally expect the bun fight to get into the booking system, but it shouldn’t then be a fight at every stage of the transaction.