2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Why did you buy a ticket if you're not going? The person buying the ticket(s) does not need to be on the order.

Across five laptops and doubled-up browsers I only got a couple of broken pages, I thought it stood up really well this year compared to previous years.

Woops didn't realise that,never mind I'm getting all money back anyway. Nothing would entire me ever to go for three days again,been there done that and happy with one these days.

• Downvote 1

70+ people in 13 groups of friends of friends all trying. Only 1 group successful and not mine sadly. By far the worst result we've ever had. I barely got the busy page, lots of connection time outs or server overloaded messages. One in my group did get to add reg page and then have it crash out on him twice.

0 out of 10 for our group. Everyone trying on all sorts of devices and connections. One of them got to enter the details a few times but it wouldnt let him proceed. I didn't get to a page. I missed out last year after being successful 12 years in a row. Although the last few times I've been reliant on others getting my ticket. 

I wasn't confident going in to today and there's still April but it doesn't make it any less disappointing. It definitely seems to be getting more difficult with more people trying. Really having doubts I'm going to ever get back there again now :(

26 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

Didn't get them but to be fair we weren't even sure if we would go if we did get them. Anyways, skipping the resales and either booking Rome or a combined Malaga\Barcelona break.

Grats to all the successful people.

Rome and Barcelona are lovely cities, I hope you have a fantastic time! 

38 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

I feel worse this year because we didn't just miss out.

We got all the way through the process, filled in information and payment information and literally it just needed to be confirmed and it crashed when we did that. We only needed six tickets, we got through the hard part and then it fails right at the end, in a way that we are just left waiting to see if it went through or not. At this point I don't believe it did. It used to seem like once you got to the booking part you were sorted but for that part to play and crash as well is extra frustrating.

Same here feels like I've been robbed of a ticket. The worst part was I was celebrating with a bottle of cider thinking its only been 10 mins after the sale started so if anything goes wrong plenty of time to rectify it. Alas that didn't happen ?

1 hour ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Was convinced this was the year I’d miss out (been going since mid-nineties) but thank goodness all sorted. 

Massive sympathy with anyone who missed out. I’ve had to sit out before because of kids and it’s brutal. Book a holiday and get as far away as possible! 

I know this is probably meaningless but what it’s worth I had four machines going with multiple browsers. 

The Mac was consistently on the holding page via Chrome (Safari timed out) and got through three times (third time too late as tickets went). 

The PCs rarely ever loaded holding page on Edge and Chrome. 

Good luck to everyone in the resales, especially the long timers. 

Hi @Glasto WeatherwatchWeatherwatch!

Nice to see you on here, your weather updates were a real highlight of the run-up to the early 2000s Glastonburys.

• Upvote 1

We didn't get tickets, but got tickets. If that makes sense? None of our group of 6 got through using over 10 laptops with different IPs using VPN, then a friend we didn't know was trying got through and bought using our registrations then contacted us after it was sold out to tell us we have tickets. Safe to say i've never been so shook in my life, what a year...

Congrats to the lucky ones!

54 minutes ago, briddj said:

Got though eventually with Tab Auto Refresh on Firefox set to 5secs refresh.  It barely missed getting the holding page the whole time while manually refreshing Chrome on same PC was all over the place.

• Like 1

I feel like I've been dumped!

I did 09, 10 and 11 and then missed 13, 14, 15 and 16 before returning in 17 and those years I didn't go I don't really remember being SUPER jealous whilst watching it on tv etc, but I feel like next year I absolutely will be - especially after 36 of us tried today. 

29 minutes ago, denwyn said:

Woops didn't realise that,never mind I'm getting all money back anyway. Nothing would entire me ever to go for three days again,been there done that and happy with one these days.

10 years on this forum with people constantly posting their reg details for help buying tickets? 

8 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Got though eventually with Tab Auto Refresh on Firefox set to 5secs refresh.  It barely missed getting the holding page the whole time while manually refreshing Chrome on same PC was all over the place.

What happens if you get through? Does it keep refreshing? Is there a chance you could f it all up?

32 minutes ago, BigChief said:

Agreeing with you buddy, assumed it would quote both...

Fair enough - I would have assumed the same.

Getting tickets is just total luck with that many people hitting the servers simultaneously it's going to be a bumpy road but with those sheer numbers the crowd stays pretty mixed up.  Oh, those heady days back in the 90's when you could buy tickets from official agents 2-3 weeks before the Festival.

8 minutes ago, bsolxiv said:

What happens if you get through? Does it keep refreshing? Is there a chance you could f it all up?

Not sure if it does or not.  I saw it change and hit the stop button on the auto refresh within 5 secs.

I "think" that because the url changes it will not refresh again but not sure on that

Whenever I see people who've been attending for so many years not get tickets, it always makes me worry that a part of the spirit diminishes, too. The festival always needs to stay on its toes and it's vital that lots of new people get to experience the wonder of it but I just hope that it retains the same atmosphere. I'm sure it will.

Genuinely gutted for a lot of you that contribute on here and on the farm.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

didn't work for me at all on three devices.

Chrome did - constantly (on one machine) - but only the busy page.

I used 4 different browsers (non of them Firefox) on the same laptop and the same ISP and got through twice. Once was Safari and once Vivaldi. Really not sure the browser is that critical. I think connection is probably more important 

1 hour ago, Kashkin said:

Update: we're pretty sure it didn't go through, as the order tracker returns nothing. This means our registrations were blocked by See's system throughout the whole sale: the first attempt was made at 9.01 and someone else tried towards the end of the sale, and the registrations were still blocked at that time. Which is pretty shitty.

?