2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

So to ask a stupid question and apologies if this has been answered, but when i was on the holding page should I let the page remain there and await for a place in the queue or should i have been Refreshing (F5) even on the holding page, i was just constantly hitting F5 to try and get into the reg page. ?

7 minutes ago, Larraht said:

First time I haven't got tickets. Gutted is not the word. Can someone tell me about secret ticket sales or how hard the resale is? Considering taking the kids camp bestival if it doesn't work out but trying not to lose the faith yet.

Obviously some people get tickets in the resale but once again demand is far greater than supply.  I highly recommend that people plan other things and try the resales on the off chance that they may get lucky. 

I was devastated the first year I missed out  but now I make sure I have a good back-up plan to fall back on. So far that has worked out really well for me and I've ended up enjoying my back-up plan as much as I enjoy Glastonbury.

Was convinced this was the year I’d miss out (been going since mid-nineties) but thank goodness all sorted. 

Massive sympathy with anyone who missed out. I’ve had to sit out before because of kids and it’s brutal. Book a holiday and get as far away as possible! 

I know this is probably meaningless but what it’s worth I had four machines going with multiple browsers. 

The Mac was consistently on the holding page via Chrome (Safari timed out) and got through three times (third time too late as tickets went). 

The PCs rarely ever loaded holding page on Edge and Chrome. 

Good luck to everyone in the resales, especially the long timers. 

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

I had told myself that I wasn’t that bothered this year - I didn’t get tickets in 16 or 17, having been each time since 2002. I know that I had such a good run. Often in lots of groups or one person getting in and then being able to reload that page.  Some years I was the ticket queen and we never give up hope. Our gang have got them in the resale, the secret sale (thanks to this board), and the flash sale (they sold tickets for just 15 mins 3 days running, my son got 1 for other sons new girlfriend).  When I came on here last night it reminded me of a time when Glastonbury was my world and rekindled that the not bothered was just a protective factor of the no bloody chance these days.  I thought it had sold out when I got a screen asking me to ‘ reselect a different ticket type’ as the one I’d selected wasn’t available. I’d given up and was messaging the what’s app group when I looked up and saw it was a payment page! One heart attack later and I’ve got them! Thank you this board for your excitement, your tips and your bloody ?❤️???❤️Love.

for those without - I feel your pain but don’t give up yet!

i do believe it’s all luck by the way - iPad on safari was good this year

8 minutes ago, adrianro said:

So to ask a stupid question and apologies if this has been answered, but when i was on the holding page should I let the page remain there and await for a place in the queue or should i have been Refreshing (F5) even on the holding page, i was just constantly hitting F5 to try and get into the reg page. ?

Had an autorefresh extension on a five-second refresh across browsers. None of this 20-second nonsense! Also means you refresh off broken pages automatically.

Was trying for others today. Seemed to get stuck on every page, which was frustrating.  Eventually got to the payment screen, and clicked 'buy tickets', but the blue loading bar never made it to the end before getting timed out...

As someone said earlier, it seems a bit unnecessary to have to click through so many pages. More chance of things going wrong. It's even worse for the coach sale.  The payment details could be combined with the registration confirmation screen, for example.

Congrats to those who were successful, and good luck in the resale to those who weren't.

13 minutes ago, briddj said:

Had an autorefresh extension on a five-second refresh across browsers. None of this 20-second nonsense! Also means you refresh off broken pages automatically.

can you recommend the extension? i think i am going to have to go down this route after two consecutive failed years now on the trot been successful for four years previous to that with no extensions.

26 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

I managed to get tickets 8 mins after Emily's tweet of sold out. My screenshot of booking confirmation page was timed at 9.43! I had already entered reg details, just wasn't getting on to payment page, but once loaded straight through.

Same thing happened to me! 

3 minutes ago, EmsieXxX said:

can you recommend the extension? i think i am going to have to go down this route after two consecutive failed years now on the trot been successful for four years previous to that with no extensions.

"Tab Auto Refresh" on Firefox.

This on Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-refresh/ifooldnmmcmlbdennkpdnlnbgbmfalko

• Upvote 2

I feel worse this year because we didn't just miss out.

We got all the way through the process, filled in information and payment information and literally it just needed to be confirmed and it crashed when we did that. We only needed six tickets, we got through the hard part and then it fails right at the end, in a way that we are just left waiting to see if it went through or not. At this point I don't believe it did. It used to seem like once you got to the booking part you were sorted but for that part to play and crash as well is extra frustrating.

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

Thanks wish i had that this morning. hopefully help for the resale. have never needed it before 2016/17 have always just been lucky

41 minutes ago, spcdust said:

I doubt the atmosphere will be any different, just the usual diverse mix of people.  Such a huge crowd and many "regulars" would have got tickets along with some newcomers, some old, some young, some middle aged.  That's the great thing about Glastonbury, such a wide ranging crowd.

A few people on here don’t make Glastonbury. Everyone has the right to be there and enjoy it as they feel, even if that is spending all day at the EE charging tent ?

Will still be magical for those that were lucky, I’m jealous.

2 hours ago, Splonk said:

Same here. No confirmation of booking - timed out - then said registration details had been used.

Just checked seetickets order tracker and apparently the transaction went through!

Gone from total despair to total elation.

?

Same - got emails now, we are in.  So happy.  

Sorry for those that missed out.  It was as brutal as ever.  I got a couple of tickets for strangers off here in resale last time and will be trying again for anyone in April.

5 minutes ago, BigChief said:

A few people on here don’t make Glastonbury. Everyone has the right to be there and enjoy it as they feel, even if that is spending all day at the EE charging tent ?

Will still be magical for those that were lucky, I’m jealous.

Don't really understand why you are responding / quoting me on your post as your sentiment is exactly the same as mine?  Did you mean to quote the person I was responding to?

I was lucky enough to get through, I was the only person in our group of 12. 

My plan of attack was the following: 

• 1 Macbook Pro - Ethernet Connection to my router using Zen Broadband (14 ping, 60mb down, 20 upload). Running 1 instance of Google Chrome and Firefox - One tab on each browser. >> Google Chrome remained in the queue the entire time, Firefox crashed. 
  • 1 work laptop - VPN and Remote access to their Internet. Running 1 instance of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge - One tab on each browser. >> Both crashed
  • 1 laptop - Tethering to iPad (o2 4g) Running 1 instance of Google Chrome and Firefox - One tab on each browser. >> Got through and successfully bought tickets on Google Chrome. Firefox crashed.
  • 1 laptop - Tethering to iPhone (o2 4g) Running 1 instance of Google Chrome and Firefox - One tab on each browser. >> Both Crashed

In total, I had 4 devices (all with separate IPs) running 8 browsers with 1 tab per browser. 1 was successful , 1 didn’t crash, 6 crashed. 

My mate has just sent a screen grab in our group of his dad saying he had gotten tickets after 10 minutes, and 20 minutes before selling out sent another saying he was back in and did we have tickets... We didn't, my mate wasn't on a break at work and therefore missed the text. Conveniently taking his break as it was announced the festival had sold out.

Gutted doesn't cut it, wasted a day of annual leave just to try and book tickets! We go again in April! ? 

2 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Most probably, yes. Other people have had the same issue. On their website it says confirmation emails can take up to 4 hours.

Update: we're pretty sure it didn't go through, as the order tracker returns nothing. This means our registrations were blocked by See's system throughout the whole sale: the first attempt was made at 9.01 and someone else tried towards the end of the sale, and the registrations were still blocked at that time. Which is pretty shitty.