2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

I was persuaded to help some friends out last night and try and get them tickets, even though I don't want to go myself. they are paying the difference me to return my ticket so I lose nothing. I had my doubts I would get any but I was so lucky and obtained 5 tickets  for them after trying for about 15 mins, they couldn't get a look in using laptop, desktop and phones, I just used my desktop. Looking at the issues people seem to have had this year it seems worse than ever. They really need to get more efficient servers to cope with the demand at See Tickets. So at least one ticket will be going back in the pot for the resales. This may bugger me up trying for a Sunday ticket, I will See tickets to cancel mine next week, so may be ok for them, I'm not to bothered, done many Glastonbury's, after the Mud bath in 2016, I called it a day, its got to big, and to many part time hippies, and cant understand why people pay £200 plus when there either on the bloody mobile or in the queue to charge it. 

14 minutes ago, mcmenace said:

Didn't get tickets again this year and am gutted! I got to the holding page of doom but no further than that unfortunately!

Does anybody know if Glastonbury allocate a certain number of tickets to people living overseas? Has anybody living abroad managed to buy a ticket this time? Is the process any easier? Considering emigrating at this point!

I really doubt there’s really a difference, BUT: i bought it overseas, got in at the 3rd minute. It did time out. At on point changed to VPN and got in the first try. I was still prolly just lucky.

30 minutes ago, Stone_Love said:

My beautiful daughters first birthday will be Friday 28th June 2019. I was planning if successful on coming down bright and early Saturday morning if successful.

Naturally I wasn't. 

Does anyone know of anyway I'd just be able to come in for the Saturday day, Sunday and leave after the main headliner.

I've been coming to the festival since 1999 so feels weird to be missing out. 

Does anyone know a way I'd be able to come in for just 2 days? Absolutely desperate.

14 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Get the feeling it could be quite a different festival next year, crowd wise.

I doubt the atmosphere will be any different, just the usual diverse mix of people.  Such a huge crowd and many "regulars" would have got tickets along with some newcomers, some old, some young, some middle aged.  That's the great thing about Glastonbury, such a wide ranging crowd.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Had one computer, with one tab on Mac for Chrome and one for Safari. Tried Firefox a few times but that almost never even got the holding page with that browser. Chrome and Safari got the holding page almost every time apart for 2 or 3 brief spells where it wouldn't load (happened more on Chrome than Safari).

Got through to booking page at 9.32am, inputed reg numbers, clicked on proceed only to get message "deposits unavailable at this time" or something, panicked it had sold out, but just kept clicking on the back icon on the browser, then proceed again. After several attempts it finally took me to the payment screen. What was going on there? Was that common?

EXACTLY the same happened to me. Luckily I was reading up loads online this week and knew to click back and try to just keep proceeding with calm rather than refresh (and lose everything) so weird - I had to go back and forward so many times and never had my nerve tested so much!!! but got there in the end

I was so lucky. I got the reg page and put in details but it kept saying "Deposits are all gone". I kept retrying and after 10 minutes I was able to purchase my tickets. As soon as I had paid I hit F5 to try and get some more tickets and it said "sold out". Couldn't get any closer.

19 minutes ago, Larraht said:

First time I haven't got tickets. Gutted is not the word. Can someone tell me about secret ticket sales or how hard the resale is? Considering taking the kids camp bestival if it doesn't work out but trying not to lose the faith yet.

Secret resales no longer happen, but a fair few people from the boards (including myself last year) have had success in the official resale--I think the hardest part was managing my hopes/fears and expectations until the resale, it's hard not knowing that long if you're going or not

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, denwyn said:

I was persuaded to help some friends out last night and try and get them tickets, even though I don't want to go myself. they are paying the difference me to return my ticket so I lose nothing. I had my doubts I would get any but I was so lucky and obtained 5 tickets  for them after trying for about 15 mins, they couldn't get a look in using laptop, desktop and phones, I just used my desktop. Looking at the issues people seem to have had this year it seems worse than ever. They really need to get more efficient servers to cope with the demand at See Tickets. So at least one ticket will be going back in the pot for the resales. This may bugger me up trying for a Sunday ticket, I will See tickets to cancel mine next week, so may be ok for them, I'm not to bothered, done many Glastonbury's, after the Mud bath in 2016, I called it a day, its got to big, and to many part time hippies, and cant understand why people pay £200 plus when there either on the bloody mobile or in the queue to charge it. 

Why did you buy a ticket if you're not going? The person buying the ticket(s) does not need to be on the order.

Across five laptops and doubled-up browsers I only got a couple of broken pages, I thought it stood up really well this year compared to previous years.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

One thing is for sure, if I don’t end up getting resale tickets or going through some other method then I’ll be booking a holiday and taking myself off of all social media for a week.

Since I started going I haven’t missed one and haven’t yet had to face watching it on TV, don’t think I could bare it. 

Exactly this. I'll be leaving the country Wednesday - Monday if I don't sort a ticket somehow between now and June. Seeing it plastered all over the TV and social media would kill me off

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

One thing is for sure, if I don’t end up getting resale tickets or going through some other method then I’ll be booking a holiday and taking myself off of all social media for a week.

Since I started going I haven’t missed one and haven’t yet had to face watching it on TV, don’t think I could bare it. 

Same!

I will have an alternative lined up if I fail in resale for the same weekend!